What to eat it's so HOT?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here it is:

http: //www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/charlie-ds-ukrainian-recipes-13160.html#post145079

Tried to check all posts to this, don't want to repeat. Near east makes taboule and couscous that can be prepared by boiling hot water, adding the seasoning mix (or not), then cover and refrigerate. Do this in the morning, then season, add veggies or meat, and you have a nice cool dinner, either a full dish or a cool side.

There are the two of us, so when we cook out, I make it count and add extra meat or veggies that can be eaten cold later in the week.

I tend to be up early in the morning, and often cook dishes that would (to me, my kitchen has no a/c and I am the sweat queen) be miserable to make in the evening, in the early hours of the morning. Then I just nuke what I made in the morning when it is supper time.

Tried to check all posts to this, don't want to repeat. Near east makes taboule and couscous that can be prepared by boiling hot water, adding the seasoning mix (or not), then cover and refrigerate. Do this in the morning, then season, add veggies or meat, and you have a nice cool dinner, either a full dish or a cool side.

There are the two of us, so when we cook out, I make it count and add extra meat or veggies that can be eaten cold later in the week.

I tend to be up early in the morning, and often cook dishes that would (to me, my kitchen has no a/c and I am the sweat queen) be miserable to make in the evening, in the early hours of the morning. Then I just nuke what I made in the morning when it is supper time.
Thanks Claire, but for me morning from 5 to 10;30 Are talen up with dialysis, then I'm free til 8 at night so I try to get as much done as I can . I do grill more than one thing at a timeso every day isn't taken up with it. Salads, crok pot are used often, soups and I love grilled veggies, paninis, pasta salad are some of the things I try to keep up with. This thread has been wonderful for me.
kades

Baby farfalle (or whatever baby pasta you like) tuna, diced tomatoes, diced celery, diced red onion, diced peppers, sliced kalmata olives, capers, chopped fresh parsley, mayo............... YUMMY................ ;):)

Baby farfalle (or whatever baby pasta you like) tuna, diced tomatoes, diced celery, diced red onion, diced peppers, sliced kalmata olives, capers, chopped fresh parsley, mayo............... YUMMY................ ;):)
Perfect...Thank you it's, on the menu:)
kades

Claire and CJ. I enjoyed reading your posts. One thing I enjoy about doing much of the grub work of making dinner so early in the day is that it frees me up to do more interesting things and I still have dinner wrapped up. We do have a/c, but cooking a big meal in the heat of the day can still warm up the kitchen quickly. Wednesday dh wanted fried chicken so I cooked more than we needed, so yesterday I recrisped (probably not a word) the chicken in the little convection oven and sliced it into little slices and topped our green salad with it. It was delicious. We had fresh peaches for dessert. The entire meal was almost no trouble. I don't think I mentioned this before, but I make 3bean salad a lot in the summer since it is such a cooling dish and can be used so many ways - with a sandwich, with a larger meal, or even alone if I'm in a rush.

Claire and CJ. I enjoyed reading your posts. One thing I enjoy about doing much of the grub work of making dinner so early in the day is that it frees me up to do more interesting things and I still have dinner wrapped up. We do have a/c, but cooking a big meal in the heat of the day can still warm up the kitchen quickly. Wednesday dh wanted fried chicken so I cooked more than we needed, so yesterday I recrisped (probably not a word) the chicken in the little convection oven and sliced it into little slices and topped our green salad with it. It was delicious. We had fresh peaches for dessert. The entire meal was almost no trouble. I don't think I mentioned this before, but I make 3bean salad a lot in the summer since it is such a cooling dish and can be used so many ways - with a sandwich, with a larger meal, or even alone if I'm in a rush.
licia,My dh loves fried chicken I'm planning to make so between my dialysis exchanges.He has gotten good about watch different things for me. Ao i hoping to get much done before it gets miserable with heat.Want to share that 3bean salad?:)
kades

We're having 98 degrees today. It was already 87 when I left the house this am!!

Dinner tonight will be salad of watermelon, celery and low-salt feta over greens.Drizzled with balsamic vinegar and good olive oil.

For a protein pop, we'll open a can of King Oscar Sardines in olive oil and some crackers. no added heat in the Chez Julia kitchen today! :ohmy:

We eat lots of D'mater sammiches, loaded with Dukes mayonnaise, and drink lots of ice cold tea... Then again, A/C is not optional here..It's must have....Old Ceiling fans, and high ceilings add to the comfort too. ~~~ Pretty much eat regular summertime foods...A gumbo is not out of the question at times however.

i have air as well, but the darn thing is not working. trying to get someone to find out why. hot and very humid here. i have leftover pasta salad and that is what i will eat. not really hungry at all. it is pretty much essential to have the air. when i do i just cook whatever. not so much baking.

looking for a no cook cheesecake recipe, to hot to bake the cake i had planned for sunday for dd b'day. maybe just buy a ready made. although kraft (i think) sells ready made cheesecake filling in a tub. it is good if a bit to much cream cheese taste. 95 in my house. doing nothing just drinking fluids and reading.

gazpacho is awesome in summer, with summer fruit and salad with charcuterie and cheese, and at most fresh corn...only takes a minute, or grill it!

cold buckwheat noodles
ditto, my all-time favorite summer dish.
Make sure your noodle pack is not flour+foodcoloring, cool down and frig quickly, rinse to separate prior to serving. Dipping broth, also chilled, is soysauce+dashi roughly 1:2. Condiments to taste, mixed into broth, are traditionally grated wasabi, ginger and daikon radish, scallion and shredded toasted seaweed paper.

Today's forecast is 116 degrees. Time for beer!

Everyone has responded with such great Ideas. There is a lot of happy munching going on here. Thank you
kadesma:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom