Alfredo Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CookLikeJulia

Senior Cook
My own recipe of Alfredo sauce.

1 liter of milk (UHT)
1 tablespoon of salt
1/2 tablespoon of White pepper
3 tablespoon of Dried Basil
2 table spoon of Oregano
4 Cubes of chicken stock
100 grams of Butter
300 grams of flour

Procedure.

In a sauce pan, put milk and butter and let it to boil, then add 4 cubes of chicken stock. Wait to boil and add spices (salt, white pepper, basil, and oregano). Simmer for 5 - 10 minutes.
Then, add flour little by litter until it become sticky.

You can also add some mushrooms and onions if you prefer. :)

Enjoy! :mrgreen:

Alfredo Sauce

An exceedingly rich sauce created in the early 1920s by Roman restaurateur Alfredo di Lello for his famous dish fettuccine Alfredo. Alfredo sauce is classically made with heavy cream, butter, grated Parmesan, salt and pepper. Today's renditions can include additions such as egg yolks, flour and garlic. Although this sauce was created for pasta, it's now also used to dress everything from chicken to vegetables.

3/4 C milk
3/4 C cream cheese
3/4 C Parmesan

Melt together stirring constantly.

Quick, Easy, Tasty.

Alfredo Sauce

An exceedingly rich sauce created in the early 1920s by Roman restaurateur Alfredo di Lello for his famous dish fettuccine Alfredo. Alfredo sauce is classically made with heavy cream, butter, grated Parmesan, salt and pepper...

This is the classic recipe. I use this as well. It is so simple to make and so tasty. It's easily ready before the pasta is cooked.

This is the classic recipe. I use this as well. It is so simple to make and so tasty. It's easily ready before the pasta is cooked.
This is almost what I use. But I add garlic to the butter first and give it a bit of a saute before adding some Italian white table wine and reducing it down to half. Then the cream goes in. I add the parmesan when I add the hot pasta.

It's a little bit tricky because you don't want to cook it, but I highly recommend adding an egg yolk.

I'm definitely going to try Zhizara's 1:1:1 sauce with cream cheese, too. Sounds rich and delicious!

My own recipe of Alfredo sauce.

1 liter of milk (UHT)
1 tablespoon of salt
1/2 tablespoon of White pepper
3 tablespoon of Dried Basil
2 table spoon of Oregano
4 Cubes of chicken stock
100 grams of Butter
300 grams of flour

Procedure.

In a sauce pan, put milk and butter and let it to boil, then add 4 cubes of chicken stock. Wait to boil and add spices (salt, white pepper, basil, and oregano). Simmer for 5 - 10 minutes.
Then, add flour little by litter until it become sticky.

You can also add some mushrooms and onions if you prefer. :)

Enjoy! :mrgreen:

You added in the Parm on a later post I see.

I like your recipe......Classic Alfredo sauce is just to rich for my taste, this one would work well for me. Thanks.

spork;940013 I'm definitely going to try Zhizara's 1:1:1 sauce with cream cheese said:
Thanks, Spork. It tastes just like Alfredo to me and is so easy because the cheeses melt in the milk. Let me know what you think.

I tried this sauce on our chicken/bacon/alfredo pizza last night. It is so simple and tastes like great alfredo to me. It is rich and creamy. Thanks!

You are very welcome, Snick. I'm glad I could pass this one along.

It's one of my great finds.

It's even richer with evaporated milk. Thanks for trying it. It does sound too simple to be good, but it really works.

You added in the Parm on a later post I see.

I like your recipe......Classic Alfredo sauce is just to rich for my taste, this one would work well for me. Thanks.

You can add it as well while you're cooking or boiling the sauce. :D

3/4 C milk
3/4 C cream cheese
3/4 C Parmesan

Melt together stirring constantly.

Quick, Easy, Tasty.

This is the classic Alfredo sauce, mines is a variation of the Alfredo but it taste the same. :)

Back
Top Bottom