Alfredo Sauce? Your tips and recipes.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I see this Alfredo sauce thread was posted this week...so guess it's not too late to submit mine!:chicken:
PERFECT ALFREDO SAUCE
2 oz. butter
2 oz. margarine
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 tsp. white pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder

Melt butter in heavy saucepan over medium to medium high. Add everything but the mozzarella. Cook till thick, stirring constantly—this will take a while. I also added a bit more parmesan. When sauce is thickened enough to drip instead of run off spoon, it is ready. Add mozzarella—I added about 1/2 cup instead of 1/4—and stir till melted and smooth. Serve immediately. Makes enough for 1 package family-size ravioli or tortellini. Spoon over pasta or toss till it is coated.

OK folks, I'm at work, cooking for 20 tonight. Was thinking of white sauce with clams over pasta. I only have evaporated milk though, no cream. Lots of clams. Any help?

How do you guys going about making alfredo sauce? Any tips and tricks? What are your favorite ingredients etc?

If all else, just post your tried and true recipe. I know i can go search for a recipe on the internet, but bollocks to that.

the key to a great alfredo sauce or white cheese sauce is patience. you have to cook it on a very low flame and stand there mixing in the cheese little by little to ensure it is smooth. here is a quick recipe i use. it is always a crowd pleaser.

1/2 cup grated parmasean
1/4 cup grated romano
1/4 cup grated new yourk champagne cheddar(optional can substitute with romano)
1 pint heavy cream
butter/flour
ground black peper
another key is to mix ice cold cream with room temperature cheese, this also helps prevent lumps in the sauce

miz a tablespoon of butter with a tablespoon of flour and make a roux. lower to a very low flame. add in a bit of cream and a few table spoons of the parmasean cheese and stir with a wooden spoon until it is smooth.

once smooth add in another few table spoon of cheese and more cream. repeat this process until all cheese has been mixed in. sprinkle generously with pepper and add a bit of salt to taste.

increase to medium-high flame and stir quickly until sauce reaches desired heat.

while this sauce is usually used with fettuccine or shells i like to use orzo or rotini for a nice change of pace.

Back
Top Bottom