Black sauce (Worcestershire) with a twist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

attie

Sous Chef
Meat pies, black sauce and mushy peas are an Aussie icon, add a six pack of beer and you have the complete meal.
180px-Vegan_Meat_Pie_01_Pengo.jpg
fourex.jpg

My taste, however has gone away from [Worcestershire] black sauce to "Cornwells" Lancashire Relish. Now this is something well worth trying if you haven't already done so, it has the bite of the black sauce but with an added fruity flavour, it's very nice.

Are you saying that you call Worcestershire a black sauce?
Is black sauce a kind of sauce or is it just the color of a sauce, like fermented black bean and garlic sauce? We don't have anything called 'black sauces' here in my 'culturally impoverished nation'.

If I went out to eat at a really nice restaurant and told the waiter or chef I wanted that with a black sauce, I don't think he/she would have a clue what that means. I might end up with a blackened seasoning made into a sauce.

Ah, yes ... the perpetual problem of two peoples separated by a common language!

Seems the Brits and Aussies have found a solution to trying to pronounce Worcestershire sauce ... they call it black sauce. I wonder how many in America refer to it as "Lea & Perrins" instead of trying to pronounce Worcestershire sauce? :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom