"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Sauces, Marinades, Rubs > Sauces

Old 09-19-2007, 07:01 PM   #21
Chief Eating Officer

Alix, the last few times I have made it I have used the food mill, but before that I would make a small on the bottom of the tomato and then drop into boiling water and then into ice water. Both ways work, but I enjoy the food mill better than the other method. You could also use canned tomatoes and then you don't have to worry about the skins at all.

IC, in that case I will happily cook for you anytime. As a matter of fact, if you want to send me a plane ticket to Hawaii I will make sure you have a home cooked meal every single day

Goodweed, I feel the same about you buddy! And to answer your question, what I get a lot of is "you probably won't like this since you cook so well" or things like that. In reality, most of the time I really enjoy the food I am served by my friends and family who cook for me.

Old 09-23-2007, 03:31 PM   #22
Everymom

Ok, an update for those of you considering this recipe. It was FABULOUS! Everyone in the family loved it and its a complete winner. I debated on freezing the leftovers or just leaving it in the fridge to be consumed later this week. I ended up freezing enough for Ken and the girls when I'm at work some night this month and left enough for 2 lunch portions in the fridge.

Oh, and I about tripled the recipe. It was just easier that way with all the stuff I had on hand.

I will definitely make this again, and next time, I'll just use canned tomatoes since I doubt I will have any fresh that soon! Heh heh heh.

Old 09-23-2007, 04:30 PM   #23
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeekinz View Post
GB, I am so glad you don't add sugar. I thought I was the only one not to add sugar to my sauces.
I don't add sugar either - I don't see the point.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:44 PM   #24
Cook

Send a message via AIM to momerlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
Alix, yes she is a member, but probably has not logged on in over a year so I am pretty safe unless someone blabs

Awww... who would do a thing like that...

See you in a few weeks!

Aunty M
Old 09-23-2007, 06:51 PM   #25
Chief Eating Officer

Your check is in the mail momerlyn
Old 09-24-2007, 11:04 AM   #26
Everymom

Heeeey! I forgot about your OTHER family members on here! My apologies momerlyn. Heh heh heh.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:46 PM   #27
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
I'll be trying this tomorrow ( venison instead of beef though).

It sounds delish!! Thanks GB
Old 09-24-2007, 04:16 PM   #28
Chief Eating Officer

I can't wait to hear how it was with venison PDS!
Old 09-24-2007, 06:52 PM   #29
Cook

Send a message via AIM to momerlyn
Tee hee... he can run, but he can't hide!

Momerlyn
Old 10-23-2013, 01:23 PM   #30
Everymom

Resurrecting this thread so I can subscribe to it. Took me a bit to find it til I remembered it was GB's recipe. I'm making this sauce to leave for the family tonight while I'm at work. Wonder if they'll leave me any?

Tags
bacon, beef, bolognese, pork, recipe

Bolognese Sauce Bolognese Sauce 2 tablespoons evoo 1 small onion minced 1 carrot minced 1 celery stalk ¼ cup minced bacon ½ lb sausage ½ lb beef ¾ cup dry white wine 6 large tomatoes 1 cup stock 1 cup cream Saute onion, celery, and bacon with evoo till tender over med heat. Add beef and sausage. Cook till no longer red. Add wine and raise heat a little bit. Cook off most of the liquid. Add tomatoes and stock. Turn heat to low. After about an hour season with salt and pepper. Cook another hour till much of the liquid is gone. Add cream and cook another 15 - 30 minutes. 3 stars 1 reviews