"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Sauces, Marinades, Rubs > Sauces

Old 02-02-2013, 07:47 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

did anyone else notice that the chief thought to share his aspic as his guest were one foot out the door?

hmmm.....

Old 02-02-2013, 10:05 PM   #12
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
did anyone else notice that the chief thought to share his aspic as his guest were one foot out the door?

hmmm.....
Hmmmm.....indeed!

Old 02-03-2013, 11:44 AM   #13
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post

hmmm.....
Maybe he is saving it for us.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:49 PM   #14
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
Maybe he is saving it for us.
Snip's coming over. She'll be making some of that great looking goulash from the other thread. She's thinking of loading herself into a very large cannon, safely wrapped in a sabot, I hope, and shooting herself from South Africa. So feel free. I'll save some of the aspic. On crackers, with a slice of pepperoni, and some shaved cheese, it tastes surprisingly like cold pizza. Yum.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:43 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North View Post
Snip's coming over. She'll be making some of that great looking goulash from the other thread. She's thinking of loading herself into a very large cannon, safely wrapped in a sabot, I hope, and shooting herself from South Africa. So feel free. I'll save some of the aspic. On crackers, with a slice of pepperoni, and some shaved cheese, it tastes surprisingly like cold pizza. Yum.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
Oh, yummy, and me, without a cannon.

Tags
pasta, recipe, sauce, sausage, tomato

Break All the Rules Pasta Sauce I made this sauce tonight that came out really good. The thing is, I followed no hallowed techniques for cooking, reducing, or balancing flavors. I simply through what I thought would be good into it, and made it. This is a robust sauce that would go great on rotini, or penne pasta, something that would stand up to the sauce's rich flavor. It would also be great as a pizza sauce. Here are the ingredients and how I made it. Ingredients: *2 cups home made tomato juice from ripe garden tomatoes that I picked from last summer's garden (or equal amount of store bought tomato juice) *1 carrot, washed, peeled, and cut into chunks *1 stalk celery, washed and cut into small chunks *10 slices deli pepperoni *5 slices deli hard salami *1/2 tsp. dried oregano *1/2 tsp. dried basil *1/8 tsp. granulated garlic powder *1/4 cup diced onion Cut the sausage slices into quarters and drop into your blender, along with the remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth. Pour the blended tomato sauce into a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Turn down heat and simmer for 10 minutes to cook the carrot, and distribute the flavors. Place in a suitable container and chill until you make you're ready to make your pasta, or pizza dinner. It's ready to use after the simmer. Now as good as this sauce came out, I took it a step further. But I have to wait to find out how good an idea it was. I used 1 1/2 cups of the tomato juice, and then after the sauce simmered, add 1/2 cup of water that had one packet of Knox unflavored gelatine dissolved in it. I stirred it in and poured the sauce into a flat, wide bowl and place it in the fridge to set up. I hope to have a very tasty aspic to use with crackers and thin shavings of romano cheese. If it sets correctly, it will be great. We shall see. Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North 3 stars 1 reviews