Buckytom's Basic Tsatsiki Sauce
here's my basic version of the delicious sauce/condiment.
buckytom's tsatsiki sauce
1 pint greek-style yogurt, drained if necessary (start with more than a pint if it needs to drain)
3 to 7 cloves of garlic to taste
1 medium cucumber
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1. peel and seed cucumber. cut into very thin strips, sprinkle with salt, let rest a few minutes, pressing gently between paper towels to dry, then dice. the more cucumber you use, the more you need to dry it or the sauce will become runny.
2. mince garlic, combine with cucumber in a bowl.
3. add evoo and red wine vinegar, stir to combine.
4. add drained yougurt, stir well to combine, adding salt to taste.
5. this is the most important step: refrigerate overnight! the flavours need to combine.
The way that you wander is the way that you choose. The day that you tarry is the day that you lose.
Sunshine or thunder, a man will always wonder where the fair wind blows.