Chipotle-Mango Salsa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrincessFiona60

Ogress Supreme
Moderator Emeritus
Chipotle-Mango Salsa

1 over ripe mango, peeled and chopped, save the juice!
1 under ripe mango, peeled and chopped, for the crunch
1 bunch green onions, sliced, green tops, too
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons chipotle in adobo sauce or to taste, chopped

Mix all together, chill in fridge for a couple of hours and serve with fish tacos, grilled chicken breast...

Over ripe peaches are a good substitute if you can't find mangos.

Last edited:
Do you chop the chiles in adobo? Could I process part of the recipe with the chilis in my food processor and then add the chopped mango? I have a feeling that getting a bite of the chili would be a little hot.

Do you chop the chiles in adobo? Could I process part of the recipe with the chilis in my food processor and then add the chopped mango? I have a feeling that getting a bite of the chili would be a little hot.

yes, chop the chilies...will fix in recipe

Thanks, PF. Good tip about the peacher. During the summer we get lots of them, and sometimes eyes are bigger than tummies...

I did the peaches when I ended up in a small town in Wyoming that had no mangos...and they also had no chipotle in adobo...I had to sub in my powdered chipotle.

I also like apricot preserves and chipotle together.

your fee-ness, how would you describe chipotles in adobo?

i know of dried chipotles, and of a dry spice mix known as adobo. i've seen cans of it on tv, but how can you descibe it so it could be made from scratch?

i'm thinking rehydrating dried chipotles in tomato juice, adding spices.

mmm I love chipotles in adobe sauce. They are smokey and have a nice punch of heat balanced with tons of flavor and a little bit of sweet mixed in. They're good in so many things.

One of the best things about them is that they freeze like a charm. So you can purchase a can and use the few that a recipe calls for and then just put the rest into a freezer bag. I like to mush mine down at the bottom of the bag so that they freeze in a log shape and then slice of a hunk or two off when ever they're needed.

I put them in lots of stuff; bean dishes, quiches, soups, marinades, etc. They're almost as addicting as sriracha.

I am intrigued by the idea of using them with fruit preserves; I'm definitely going to give that a try one of these nights. It sounds like it would be great over pork!

i know of dried chipotles, and of a dry spice mix known as adobo. i've seen cans of it on tv, but how can you descibe it so it could be made from scratch?

Here are links to recipes for chipotles in adobo sauce. I haven't tried them, but they sound easy...don't have a can to compare ingredients...maybe s/one else does.

Chipotles in Adobo Sauce Recipe

chipotles en adobo - chipotle peppers in adobo sauce recipe | mexican side dish recipes index | mexican recipes

I would rehydrate the chipotles in warm water, adjust acidity with white vinegar and add in Penzey's Adobo seasoning to taste. But that's just me and I happen to have a jar of the Penzey's.;)

mmm I love chipotles in adobe sauce. They are smokey and have a nice punch of heat balanced with tons of flavor and a little bit of sweet mixed in. They're good in so many things.

One of the best things about them is that they freeze like a charm. So you can purchase a can and use the few that a recipe calls for and then just put the rest into a freezer bag. I like to mush mine down at the bottom of the bag so that they freeze in a log shape and then slice of a hunk or two off when ever they're needed.

I put them in lots of stuff; bean dishes, quiches, soups, marinades, etc. They're almost as addicting as sriracha.

I am intrigued by the idea of using them with fruit preserves; I'm definitely going to give that a try one of these nights. It sounds like it would be great over pork!

I've had the best luck with peaches and apricots...but just had a wonder what it would be like in Orange Marmalade or Pineapple preserves.

Back
Top Bottom