Clam Sauce question - need fast answer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Done in the shower already, and Ken brought home pizza for dinner. AHHHHH! Now the drink is cold but not bubbly. Mmmmmm!

BreezyCooking said:
Vera - your recipe sounds delicious, & broken down for fewer servings is nearly identical to mine.

But did you note that Alix mentioned in the original post that there was no wine, clam juice, garlic, or parsley in the pantry? :LOL:

Hahahaha...no..I only read the first line that she needed a recipe for clam sauce, hahaha.

I cooked a bunch the other week. Sauteed in white wine, thyme, red pepper flakes and garlic. Tasted awesome, but I had a 'mud clam' in the mix....LOL. I looked like the guy on the commercial 'The 5 minute rule" when the cookie falls on the floor.

I couldn't help myself.

Vera (with apologies for semi-hijacking Alix's thread), do you have a favorite fresh clam for sauce? I've used both Quahogs & soft-shells & find that both have their merits, but also know that some folks have serious feelings about one over the other.

I'm talking about clams where you remove the meat from the shells & add to the sauce, not where they're used shell-on (where quahogs & their other hard-shelled kin surely rule - lol!!).

Back
Top Bottom