Fabulous Salsa Recipe-Tried and True

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roxy

Senior Cook
Fabulous Salsa Recipe:

6 lbs. Roma (Plum) tomatoes
1/4 lb. Roma (Plum) tomatoes, chopped-I used 4 tomatoes
2 bunches of garlic cloves-the whole thing
1/4 cup real lemon juice-I used juice from 2 lemons
1-1/2 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
2 bunches of green onions
10 jalapeno peppers-fresh ones

Use your food processor with the "S" blade to chop up the following. Put them in seperate bowls in the refrigerator when you get done doing each one.

Chop:

4 tomatoes
2 bunches of green onions
2 whole garlics-the whole bunch
10 jalapeno peppers-with stems removed

Squeeze lemons to make lemon juice-2 lemons.

Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Briefly put in the 6 lbs. of tomatoes. Keep the tomatoes in there just until the tomatoes skins start to loosen and set color. Drain the tomatoes and put them in the food processor and crush them.

Mix in a large pot on the stove the following:

4 tomatoes-chopped
Crushed tomatoes-6 lbs.
Minced garlic
1 tablespoon Cayenne Pepper
Lemon Juice
Salt
Cayenne Pepper

Whip to desired thickness and bring to a boil. Mix in the green onions and the jalapeno peppers. Continue boiling until the vegetables are soft and the mixture has reached desired consistency. Remove from heat. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with tortilla chips.

This is really a hot salsa so if you want it milder..cut down on the jalapeno peppers. This is very addicting:)

Last edited:
It is really good Uncle Bob....like I said...it makes a BIG bash. I made a batch of it last Sunday and it is almost gone. I gave some to our neighbors to try too. Alot of recipes for salsa call for cilantro..and I don't care for cilantro...figured this had enough green in it with the jalapeno peppers and green onions. I thought about adding some cumin to it..but..didn't want to spend 7 dollars to buy it. Maybe there was a cheaper jar of it..but..was in a hurry so didn't look long..just saw the 7 dollar jar. It is a really good salsa..we love it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom