Favorite Hot Sauce?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tapatio Hot Sauce!! Who wants a hot sauce that is vinegar based?? Vinegary chili, chicken, Tacos ect......."THROWINGUPICON"

"Frank's Louisiana Hot Sauce" is my favorite for everyday & for basic Hot Wings. Also buy & enjoy "Cholula" on occasion, as well as "Pickapepper" for Caribbean dishes.

But I also like various artisinal hot sauces so long as they have some flavor along with the heat. Not a big fan of "Tabasco" - heat without flavor in my opinion.

Huh! First time I've seen some of these old member's names. Interesting!

I don't do hot sauce. Wish I could. I'm one of those whimps that orders her buffalo wings mild. But I do keep Cholula brand bottle on the fridge door for my chili.
Gotta have something in chili. But am just now noticing first ingredient is vinegar.
I'll have to check the store for something more pure.
Thanks for the heads up all. :)

I have nothing against "vinegar based" hot sauces. The have their place. Most hot suces have some amount of vinegar in them. I like the thicker sauces like Matouks, less vinegar, more pepper. It has a consistancy similar to ketchup and I use it instead of ketchup on my burgers.

Tabasco is a vinegar based sauce and is the best selling hot suace on the planet. I like it but it is not my favorite.

I like Lotties mustard based sauce on my hot dogs and on bratwurst. I like their regulatr sauce on steak and on chicken or pork.

Tabasco and similar sauces are good in my red bean soup.

Tapatio Hot Sauce!! Who wants a hot sauce that is vinegar based?? Vinegary chili, chicken, Tacos ect......."THROWINGUPICON"

Tapatio helped me quit smoking. I used it on orange slices when I had an "urge".

Still love it, and use it regularly. I like Tabasco on certain things where I want some heat without alot of flavor. I also but artisnal sauces and attempt to make my own time to time.

Never had one I really didn't like in some way. :ermm:

Back
Top Bottom