Favorite recipe using capers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deelady

Executive Chef
Any favorite ways to use capers? I just bought a bottle because my DF (dear fiance) loves them. Hes on his way back from Afghanistan and I wanted to cook him something special...any suggestions?

Hmmmmm.... I got some capers myself. All I do is eat them. I will be waiting with anticipation on how or what to use them in!!!

I think the intention I had was to use them in pasta tosses.... still need to make a pasta toss!!!

Chicken Breast with lemon and capers.

My wife has made that before...great dish but one time she forgot to rinse the brine off the capers and the dish was just a *wee* bit on the salty side.

I've also had soft shell crab with capers at a restaurant before...excellent dish.

I love making pasta with a simple sauce of a combination of any of the following: EVOO, garlic, capers, lemon, sun dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and anything else I have on hand that might work.

Do not forget Chicken or Veal picatta (sp?).

I love capers on pizza.

But, the othe day I stuffed squid with a mixture of bread crumbs, white wine parsely, garlic, tiny bit of cheese, and capers (think thats all but I can check recipe if anyone is interested....

carrots tossed in cremefraiche, yoghurt or even sour cream with dill and capers make a fantastic side dish.

the minute I saw this thread title my mind went to "Veal Piccata!" (also Chicken Piccata!

They're indispensible in Ratatouille, too, and also Tapenade... I just love them and use them at almost any occasion. :)

Puttanesca (linguine with capers, black olives, anchovies) or a bagel with cream cheese, slice of tomato, smoked salmon, capers and red onion.

tartar sauce for breaded fried crappies:
mayo
chopped dill pickle
chopped capers
caper juice

Wow I see we aren't the only ones who like them! I never would have thought to put them in a Martini, very clever!
GB what kind of pasta do you prefer when making a dish like that, you had all my favorite ingredients, maybe also a little white wine in the sauce?
The only dish that kept coming to mind for me was chicken picata, Ina Garten has a good recipe for that, but I was just wondering what other ideas you all might have had. Glad I asked! Thanks guys!
I'm going to go look at that capers link now :cool::cool:

deelady I usually use ziti, but it works really well with angel hair too.

My daughter LOVES capers and has since she started on solid food. People are always amazed by that. They say that they just learned what capers are a few years ago and here is a little 3 year old who keeps asking for more capers.

ooh thanks Buckytom that recipe looks nice,and thanks for showing me to the other thread for even more ideas!
Hmm I'll prob try the angel hair GB, I don't often have that it will be a nice change. I do have a delish recipe though for using angel hair and a salmon, lemon-dill cream sauce. nice light flavors!

are putenescas(sp) difficult at all to get right or is it pretty basic...Ive always been curious about that sauce, i don't know why Ive never taken the time to try it....

Back
Top Bottom