Get Ahead Gravy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chicken wings over here are incredibly cheap, I actually use them a lot and they are perfect for this recipe.

After years of cooking whole turkeys (and I like all of the meat, white and dark), I just prefer the convenience now of cooking a turkey crown. They cook quicker and more evenly. My boys prefer the white meat so thats what they get. Fresh turkeys and turkey crowns are expensive, but as I only buy them once a year I dont mind that.

I particularly like this gravy recipe now as I do it in advance and its less for me to do on Christmas Day, which means more time for quaffing champers.

Well DUH!! But you get less meat, fat and bone for the same price. Are you just trying to
stir.gif
?
The turkey "crowns" I've seen cost so much you could probably buy a whole turkey with the same size crown for a similar price and get the rest of the turkey thrown in for free. I've taken this is an indication that either some people like white meat so much more than dark meat that they can't be bothered to cook a whole turkey, or they're just to lazy to get out a sharp knife and carve up a whole turkey. Myself, I prefer dark meat and I don't mind carving a turkey at all, either raw or cooked.

Is that some kind of rattlesnake? I presume your question was aimed at the OP and perhaps I should have just remained silent and let the OP reply.

Last edited:
The turkey "crowns" I've seen cost so much you could probably buy a whole turkey with the same size crown for a similar price and get the rest of the turkey thrown in for free. I've taken this is an indication that either some people like white meat so much more than dark meat that they can't be bothered to cook a whole turkey, or they're just to lazy to get out a sharp knife and carve up a whole turkey. Myself, I prefer dark meat and I don't mind carving a turkey at all, either raw or cooked.

Is that some kind of rattlesnake? I presume your question was aimed at the OP and perhaps I should have just remained silent and let the OP reply.
I'm pretty sure that icon is "stir the pot". :LOL:

Well in any case I wasn't stirring the pot. There wasn't anything on TV and I was making a last run on the Internet before shutting down, so decided to put in my own $0.02.

Well in any case I wasn't stirring the pot. There wasn't anything on TV and I was making a last run on the Internet before shutting down, so decided to put in my own $0.02.
I didn't think you were stirring the pot. I figured there was some kind of misunderstanding.

Probably so. It's a well known Internet phenomenon that when people interact by text only they're missing the vital clues we all have in real life conversation, tone of voice, facial expression, body language, and the text-only often leads to misunderstanding.

In any case the only pot I want to stir is on the stove. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom