Having difficulty making delicious cheese sauce for pasta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did not know I could make a cheese sauce without bechamel sauce as the base?
Now that I know I can do it with milk or cream, I may make some mac & cheese.

Much easier!

You are right Alfredo sauce would not have Velveeta cheese in it. But since one ingredient shown was cheddar I assumed (I can be tho' thilly' thumtime) the topic was yellow jarred cheese.

Dip a spoon in some horse raddish sauce, and stir it in. DO NOT put a spoonful in. A whole spoon will over power it, a dip will give it some added flavour and bite :)

hi

I had read a lot of youtube videos before I first started trying to make some cheese sauce. The sauce I make looks good, but it's almost tasteless. I started with medium heat and some butter, as the butter melts, I pour some flour to it and mix them well with a stirrer (I don't know that English term). After some mixing I then pour cold milk into it (usually low-fat milk) and continue to mix everything with the stirrer, as the milk boils and evaporates I continue to add some milk for 3 times in total and then finally I put the cheddar cheese (cut into pieces) to it. Mixing is done at all times and heat is kept at medium or low.

The outcome is - it tastes like creamy stuff but without much taste

The taste comes from the cheese you use, and the quantity you use. I would not use velveta cheese. I rather go with a mix of good fontina cheese, parmesan cheese .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom