Homemade pesto in 5 minutes!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello folks,
I signed myself in this community only two days ago, but I have to say that I'm really enjoying this forum!
Today I would love to share my way to make pesto....in 5 minutes
(so this post will be just few lines....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)
Ingredients for seasoning 500 gr of pasta:
50 gr basil leaves
100 ml extra virgin olive oil
between 50 and 100 gr Parmesan cheese
15 grams pine nuts
15 gr walnuts
A blender, I use a very old hand blender.....any one will be fine.

Minutes 1 and 2: wash the pesto leaves ( some one prefer to clean them with a cloth....to don't make them losing flavour....but I just wash them in the sink), mix the basil with the pine nuts, walnuts, parmesan, olive oil and a bit of salt in a pot or in your blender ( I use the plastic glass of my hand blender).
Minute 3: take a good breath....look if anyone is sleeping in the house.
Minute 4: Blend the mixture until the end of minute 5.....If you have obtained a green, soft, basil smelling sauce like this in this picture that I found in the web....you did it!!!
pesto_genovese-586x390.jpg

Now you have just to add it to your pasta after draining it, mix it and enjoy it!!:chef::chef::chef::chef::chef:
I must try adding walnuts to the recipe I usually use. They seem very popular.

Garlic is toxic to dogs, actually.

From the ASPCA:

"Onions and Garlic
All close members of the onion family (shallots, onions, garlic, scallions, etc.) contain compounds that can damage dogs’ red blood cells if ingested in sufficient quantities. A rule of thumb is “the stronger it is, the more toxic it is.” Garlic tends to be more toxic than onions, on an ounce-for-ounce basis. While it’s uncommon for dogs to eat enough raw onions and garlic to cause serious problems, exposure to concentrated forms of onion or garlic, such as dehydrated onions, onion soup mix or garlic powder, may put dogs at risk of toxicosis. The damage to the red blood cells caused by onions and garlic generally doesn’t become apparent until three to five days after a dog eats these vegetables. Affected dogs may seem weak or reluctant to move, or they may appear to tire easily after mild exercise. Their urine may be orange-tinged to dark red in color. These dogs should be examined by a veterinarian immediately. In severe cases, blood transfusions may be needed."
I've not heard that before. Over here it's recommended by vets for dogs as well as horses. I must ask the vet next time he comes. Does the article that you quote specify the amount that the animal has to consume before the symptoms show?

There was a bit of a kerfuffle about garlic causing anaemia in horses a while back but further research showed that you had to feed 750gr (1.65lbs) A DAY! before the horses began to show any adverse symptoms! The usual dose is a 15ml teaspoon a day!

Back
Top Bottom