How to eat salsa besides with corn chips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like to put chicken or a beef roast in the crock pot and pour some salsa over and have shredded tacos/burritos..yummy!!! I also will add salsa and cheese to eggs and top with sour cream.

salsa makes a great fast salad dressing. Add some oil and a little acid to salsa and stir.

Not sure if this is the right area for salsa. I'm so addicted to this salsa my friend taught me how to make. So easy too. but what can I do with it besides eat it with corn chips? I have done some kind of a combo salsa/wine dish with fish. Bake it in the oven with the combo salsa/wine.

My salsa is a combo of cut up fresh tomatoes, red onion, 1/2 to a whole hot pepper of some sort, cut up green pepper, salt, pepper, cumin, lime juice.

Try pouring it over pork or chicken and then roast the meat.. fantastic..

I use it in Tex-Mex meatloaf. I crush up tortilla chips as a filler and add salsa as my tomato sauce ingredient, then top with more salsa as it bakes. Yummy.

I have posted a tex-mex meatloaf shaped like a volcano that I call a Mexican Volcano. The crater is filled with enchilada sauce, but would be great with salsa as well.

Also, the salsa goes suprisingly well over pork, or beef roasts, or over a southwestern themed pizza. You can also use it to flavor savory bean dishes, add it to chili, or put in a blender for a sassy cocktail mix, or a the start of a vegetable juice cocktail or smoothy.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom