How to eat salsa besides with corn chips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

legend_018

Head Chef
Not sure if this is the right area for salsa. I'm so addicted to this salsa my friend taught me how to make. So easy too. but what can I do with it besides eat it with corn chips? I have done some kind of a combo salsa/wine dish with fish. Bake it in the oven with the combo salsa/wine.

My salsa is a combo of cut up fresh tomatoes, red onion, 1/2 to a whole hot pepper of some sort, cut up green pepper, salt, pepper, cumin, lime juice.

Not sure if this is the right area for salsa. I'm so addicted to this salsa my friend taught me how to make. So easy too. but what can I do with it besides eat it with corn chips? I have done some kind of a combo salsa/wine dish with fish. Bake it in the oven with the combo salsa/wine.

My salsa is a combo of cut up fresh tomatoes, red onion, 1/2 to a whole hot pepper of some sort, cut up green pepper, salt, pepper, cumin, lime juice.

Fish Tacos!!!!!!!:pig:

Ya I was also thinking of in a taco whether it be fish, beef or chicken. I actually never made a fish taco before.

Don't use breaded fish. Nice cod filets, pan fried. Warmed flour tortillas and your favorite coleslaw. Or just the shredded cabbage and salsa. Heaven! Okay, now I'm all hungry, again!

Scoop with celery sticks, put on grilled chicken with a sprinkle of cheese, use a spoon...mmmmmm!

Salsa Omelette is Great!

Just make scrambled eggs and stir in Salsa to taste. It's Yummy!

Especially with a fresh salsa! I would also stir some into a tortilla soup...I have to stop talking about food, my diet is just this far > < from going in the drink!:angel:

Other than on tacos, tostadas, burritos, and chips, I like to cook chicken with salsa, served with rice.

:)Barbara

I love to use salsa in my taco meat mixture, also baked on top of a taco flavored meatloaf (and/or inside).

I also like to add some to tomato juice for an instant and delicious gazpacho.

Like .40 said it is excellent with eggs. I had it once in a restaurant with a little poured across a western omelet. I liked it so much I make a western omelet occasionally, just to have it with the salsa again. Very yummy.

It sounds like it would be good cooked up as seasoning for a Spanish rice too.

Last edited:
I frequently make a cheese omelet and top it with salsa and sour cream. I don't know what a regular cheese omelet tastes like anymore.

Mix it with some zucchini, yellow squash and corn. A great veggie side dish.

On a baked potato with some sour cream or on a salad with a ranch dressing.

I love to put it over chicken pcs. and bake in oven.
Or crock pot is my favorite.
put chicken parts in crockpot then pour over salsa (qt jar is what a can my in) or 2 store brought jars. and let cook.
(check your crockpot booklet for chicken cooking time)
Then serve on rice or noodle, topped with some pepper jack cheese or your favorite cheese. I also serve it with sour cream and avacado slices or even some gucmole

I can't believe you posted this question as I was having the same dilema. Thanks for posting. Now my dd can have lots of salsa. I just don't want her to have so many chips!

I use it in Taco Skillet:

Brown one pound lean ground beef in a 12 inch skillet that has a lid. Add 1/2 cup water and 1 envelope taco seasoning mix or the equivalent. Add 1 can corn that has been drained and 1 cup salsa when meat mixture comes to a simmer. Lower the heat and simmer together maybe five minutes. Add 6 ounces noodles that have been cooked and drained. Sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese. Cover the skillet until the cheese melts.

This is a great quick meal, but is even better the next day as breakfast when leftovers are reheated

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom