How to spice up sauce in a jar?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reflexive

Assistant Cook
Ok so I'm doing a simple curry tonight with sharwoods korma sauce (I like hotter but my family don't like anything past mild). I opened the jar to test it and the sauce tastes dead, just really sweet coconut flavour with no life in it.

I want to know if theres any fresh ingredients I can add to it to make it come alive a bit. I don't mean necessarily make it hotter (although a little bit won't matter), just make it a bit more spicier.

I have loads of indian spices, garlic, onion... no cream unfortunately (but full fat milk is this can be used)

Any suggestions much appreciated :chef:

I would use a curry paste...there are many. Fresh? Garlic, lemon grass, coriander seed, cumin, cardomon, ground bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves, lime juice. HTH!

Enjoy!

Ok so I'm doing a simple curry tonight with sharwoods korma sauce (I like hotter but my family don't like anything past mild). I opened the jar to test it and the sauce tastes dead, just really sweet coconut flavour with no life in it.

I want to know if theres any fresh ingredients I can add to it to make it come alive a bit. I don't mean necessarily make it hotter (although a little bit won't matter), just make it a bit more spicier.

I have loads of indian spices, garlic, onion... no cream unfortunately (but full fat milk is this can be used)

Any suggestions much appreciated :chef:

Hi Reflexive,
If you like curries and South East Asian food then what you need to do is join the BBC Messageboard for Food Chat and access all the recipes posted by Mamta as these are original recipes using authentic spicing. It may mean buying individual spices, but buy in small quantities at first.

Just to clarify, I do not know Mamta. I am not related to him/her but, having been a member of the BBC Food Messageboard for some time now, know the high esteeme in which his/her recipes are held by posters in the UK and Europe. Join the messageboard and posters will be able to direct you to the appropriate site for gorgeous, delicious recipes which you can make and enjoy.

Hope this helps,
Archiduc

If fresh limes are available in your area (in Florida they grow on trees... literally) I would take some of the leaves and let them simmer in the sauce while it cooks. Don't eat them though!

Why not eat the leaves? I have a Kaffir lime tree and the leaves are very tasty in stir frys.

Back
Top Bottom