ISO Champagne Butter Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lulu

Head Chef
Today I tasted a delicious dish of sea bass and scallops in a light champagne butter sauce. The chef was not giving away any secrets, but I wondered if anyone here knew of a recipe that might be similar.

It was light, very, erm buttery!, and had a notably vinegary frangrance (presumably from the champagne?).

All ideas welcome :)

lulu said:
Today I tasted a delicious dish of sea bass and scallops in a light champagne butter sauce. The chef was not giving away any secrets, but I wondered if anyone here knew of a recipe that might be similar.

It was light, very, erm buttery!, and had a notably vinegary frangrance (presumably from the champagne?).

All ideas welcome :)

It was probably just a beurre blanc made with champagne instead of white wine. Just reduce the champagne as you would the wine and emulsify with the butter as normal.

Lulu, I have a recipe for fish steaks with white wine sauce baked briefly in the oven. The sauce consists of 2 tbsps white wine, 2 tbsps vinegar, 2 chopped green shallots and 250gm butter. It is served with blanched carrot and celery sticks. Is this similar to the one you have eaten?

Thanks boufa, I think ironchef's one is more like the one I tried today, but yours sounds very good too and I will be making them both! :)

Thank you both!

Lulu, the dish is called Fish with Beurre Blanc

Edited to add: I guess you can replace the wine with champagne

You can also use a "Buerre Manie" (sp?) to both give a buttery flavor, and tighten the sauce. Buerre Manie is just a mix of flour and butter, with the butter only softened to room temp. You use it similar to a roux.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom