ISO easy side sauce recipes for pork, chicken etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

legend_018

Head Chef
Hi all. I recently started making this sauce. I find it to be a very quick way to make it and it gets served over chicken. Anyone have any other quick sauce recipes to share? Something you can make quickly, not time consuming and not too many ingredients? I'd especially love one for pork chops.

Sauce
1 tsp canola oil
3 Tbs finely minced onion
1 tsp all purpose flour
3/4 c low sodium chicken broth
1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
1 Tbs fresh parsley, chopped
1 Tbs fresh chives, minced
1 Tbs unsalted butter, chilled
Salt and Pepper

Heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onion and cook until softened. Stir in the flour and cook for 30 seconds. Whisk in the broth, bring to a simmer, and cook until thickened and reduced to 1/2 cup. Remove from heat, and stir in the lemon juice, parsley, chives, butter, and any accumulated juices from the chicken on the platter. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve.

I use this sauce for a Pilipino pork roast called Lechon, but I guess you could use it with pork chops. It's simple and straight forward, and there aren't too many moving parts.

Lechon Sauce

Ingredients:
  • one 4-ounce can liver pate
  • 1/3 cup vinegar
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup bread crumbs
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/3 teaspoon black pepper
  • 2 tablespoons cooking oil
  • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
  • 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
Instructions:

Mix liver pate, vinegar, water, sugar, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. In a small saucepan, heat oil and sauté onion until transparent. Add garlic and cook until browned. Add liver mixture. Bring to a boil and simmer until sauce thickens to taste.

Last edited:
Hi all. I recently started making this sauce. I find it to be a very quick way to make it and it gets served over chicken. Anyone have any other quick sauce recipes to share? Something you can make quickly, not time consuming and not too many ingredients? I'd especially love one for pork chops.

Sauce
1 tsp canola oil
3 Tbs finely minced onion
1 tsp all purpose flour
3/4 c low sodium chicken broth
1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
1 Tbs fresh parsley, chopped
1 Tbs fresh chives, minced
1 Tbs unsalted butter, chilled
Salt and Pepper

Heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onion and cook until softened. Stir in the flour and cook for 30 seconds. Whisk in the broth, bring to a simmer, and cook until thickened and reduced to 1/2 cup. Remove from heat, and stir in the lemon juice, parsley, chives, butter, and any accumulated juices from the chicken on the platter. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve.

Sorta a roux-based picatta

This works for pork, chicken, or salmon. I just throw things in since I've made it many times but here are the approximations

3T brown sugar
3T butter
1 good squeeze of honey
1T grated ginger, fresh
2t soy sauce
1/4 cup dijon

Melt butter, sugar, and honey in a pan until dissolved. Remove from heat and whisk in the rest of the ingredients.

Makes a great glaze or sauce.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom