ISO mild salsa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
Between son-in-law and my husband, we have a bunch of fresh tomatoes that need to be used right now. I make a good spicy salsa for Kim and me, but my daughter and grandson would like to have a mild one.
I don't usually use a recipe, but I would like to use some vinegar in this one so it will last longer in the fridge.

Does anyone have a recipe for me?

Connie,
I make this one and omit any hot peppers, If my guys want hot I had em a pepper,a bottle of tabasco and say have at it..But the little kids like salsa too and they are to little for the hot stuff..Poor carson got just a taste of some hot stuff his mom had looked away and he choked so badly it scared all of us, so this could work for your daughter and I do add vinegar to it not much just 2 Tab. I find my salsa with tomatoes doesn't hold up that well after about 3 days... here goes:
4 tomatoes peeled,seeded and chopped, I let them drain from a strainer about 30 min or so, then add to a medium sized bowl the tomatoes,,1 fair size white onion chopped, 4 finely minced garlic cloves,lime juice about a 1/2 or a whole lime depends on how much you like like,2-3 Tab.red wine vinegar,1/4 c. evoo cilantro how much depends on your taste I use almost a whold bunch , kosher salt and pepper.Toss and blend welll let it sit at room temp a half hour before serving, It will last just about 3 days in the refrigerator covered
kadesma

I'd just use your favorite recipe, but nix the hot peppers or substitute them with some regular bell pepper. If that's too mild for them, they can always spice it to their taste with some hot pepper sauce.

If you have leftovers that you want to spice up for yourself, you can always add some chopped hot peppers to the mix.

All I have to say is Garlic and Cilantro. White Onions. Scallions. Bell Pep. Grill them tomatoes too, and afterwards peel the skin.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom