ISO reliable tomato sauce for ravioli

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nico Zottos

Assistant Cook
Hi there...I am making ravioli with a cheese filling tomorrow and was wondering if anyone has a good tomato sauce that could go well with it? I've found a few online but I'd like to hear your opinions as well!
Thanks!

I like just a simple marinara for ravioli, you don't want it to detract from the raviolis.

Crushed tomatoes cooked down with some minced garlic, basil and a splash of burgundy. Cook just until thickened, salt to taste.

Nico: Photo of Ravioli - I have 1 Million Tomato Sauces

Nico, Buon Giorno, Good Morning,

I have 1.000.000 sauce recipes, from my Grandmother Margherite and from Chefs, that I have collected ...

One can use butter with herbs & garlic, or a Genovese Basil, Pinenut, Garlic and Evoo Pesto too ... So many options.

Here are two recipes and a photo ...

TOMATO SAUCE 200
1 Shallot minced
2 cloves garlic minced
4 ripe red juicy tomatoes without seeds and peeled
1 swig fresh thyme
salt and freshly grinded black pepper
a pinch of sugar

TOMATO SAUCE 016
2 tblsps Evoo
1 onion minced
425g fresh ripe juicy red tomatoes - without seeds and peeled
5 cloves garlic minced
2 swigs thyme
1 bay leaf
a pinch sugar

Add basil, oregano, parsley to your liking ... See photo.

Attachments

• RABIOLI.jpg
    RABIOLI.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
This is my mom's and M-i-l's gravy recipe it takes some time to cook but is heaven on the tongue. Ingredients needed
2lb.s chuck roast or stew meat
1-cevoo
2 cups chopped yellow onion
4-6 cloves fine chopped garlic
4 cans tomato sauce
4-cups beef stock (2 cans)
salt and pepper
2-4 Tab Marjoram
2 tea. thyme
1 tea/ rosemary
1 tea. basil
1-tea. oregano
2-cups dry mushroom reconstituted saving the broth to add to gravy, this will give it a nice brown color and it wont be red
Now brown the meat and then add onion and all other ingredients. Cook 5-6 hrs.Be sure to use the herbs in amounts given
kadesma

I would suggest making some meatballs or Italian sauasges to simmer in the marinara sauce. You will need some meat to go with the raviolis. Some Parma cheese and a good loaf of Italian bread to sop up that sauce on the plate and to make meatball or sausage sandwiches the next day. Happy eating. :chef:

Hi there...I am making ravioli with a cheese filling tomorrow and was wondering if anyone has a good tomato sauce that could go well with it? I've found a few online but I'd like to hear your opinions as well!
Thanks!

Welcome to Discuss Cooking, Nico. Re reliable, always go with the freshest & best ingredients - fresh ripe juicy tomatoes, fresh herbs (basil, oregano, fresh mozzarella and/or parm cheese). During the Summer, I particularly like an "uncooked" tomato sauce. Deseed & chop your tomatoes & save the juice. Rub your serving bowls with cut cloves of garlic. Add your hot cooked pasta/ravioli to the bowl, & add fresh mozzarella and/or parm cheese, & fresh torn basil & tomatoes. Add s&p, to taste. Simple & delicious.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom