Knorr sauce packets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anybody remember "Eric Sauces of the World" they made a great Strogonauff sauce - perishable in a package - I'm talking 30 plus years ago.

I LOVE Knorr products. My favorites among their sauce mixes that I always try to have on hand in the pantry are the Hollaindaise & Newburg. The Hollaindaise is wonderful on veggies & fish, especially when spruced up with a little fresh lemon juice & ground cayenne pepper; & the Newburg is terrific over seafood & rice with some dry sherry & fresh grated cheese added.

There is THE BEST sausage store in Norwell, MA that sells cool German products that you can't get in stores (in addition to the best sausages I've ever eaten). Their packaging is mostly in German. I was once fluent but can hardly make them out now.
:)I also once was fluent as I grew up in Germany.Its sad !I can still understand it fairly well when I hear it

Hey Jeekins...our dollar is at 99.99/1.00. You haven't been keeping up! Pretty soon you are going to be overrun with Canadians shopping their brains out over the border. Mwa ha ha ha ha!;)

<-----------:bangin:

:LOL: Ya. I haven't heard aboot it.:LOL:

Sorry about the hijack folks.

Has anyone tried the lemon dill package with salmon? I bought one but haven't made it yet.

When I lived in Germany, I never used the packaged sauce mixes. Believe it or not, you could get the fresh sauces in the refrigerated section and they weren't make with preservatives. Boy do those Germans know what they are doing. :) They have an all-natural ketchup that dd sorely misses.

I always make my own sauces from scratch, whether it being a cream based, tomato based or pan sauce. Lately, being in a creativity funk, I decided to pick up a few different sauce mixes from Knorr.

Last night I used the Creamy Pesto sauce with penne, sausage, onions and peppers. (should have used chicken, but the sausage was defrosted)

I decased the sausages and cooked them in a sautee pan breaking up into pieces as it cooked. Strained it and placed to the side. Added a couple tablespoons of OO and sauteed the onions and bell pepper. Deglazed with a 3/4 cup of white wine, and reduced to half. Since there was liquid still in the pan, I altered the liquid for the sauce mix. Instead of 1 c. milk and 1/4 cup EVOO, I used about 3 T OO and a coup of milk. Whisked until the sauce began to thicken, then added the sausage and a 1/2# of penne. Mix together over med heat until the sauce completely thickened and serve.

The dish came out great, so instead of buying all the ingredients for a homemade sauce, I spent $2.50 on the mix.:chef:

Very creative/clever, Jeeks. Your dish sounds delish. I tried the pesto and remember when it was about 50 or 99 cents(?) a packet. The leek soup is another I would like to 'play' with.

Knorr

Has anyone tried the Baked artichoke dip?

Last edited:
Thanks, Amy. Haven't tried that one yet. I did, however try the Alfredo sauce.....not too good though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom