Marinara Cooking Technique

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the reminder. I still have a half of personal size watermelon in the fridge. Something to pick at tonight. Too bad, it is seedless. No spitting battles tonight.

If it is a personal watermelon who are you having spitting battles with? No wait, I don't really want to know. :ROFLMAO:

Was the title of this thread changed?

Yer not surprised by a left turn in thread topic are you? At DC? :LOL:

...Yer not surprised by a left turn in thread topic are you? At DC? :LOL:

Not at all. There was some earlier discussion about changing the title as the term marinara was thought to be misleading. I wasn't sure if it was changed.

It wouldn't be DC if we didn't wander off topic.

Not at all. There was some earlier discussion about changing the title as the term marinara was thought to be misleading. I wasn't sure if it was changed.

It wouldn't be DC if we didn't wander off topic.

Whadaya talkin' 'bout, wanderin' off topic. Why one day in 6th grade, my teacher told me to stay on topic. Why I started talkin' about that topic and didn't leave my chair for four days. It was like a week long fillibuster in a congressional session, I tell ya. The topic was whether to use mustard or ketchup on a hot dog. Filling up 96 hours straight with non-redundant argument for one or the other option tasked even my skills. But to digress was not an option. No, I never go off topic.:rolleyes::mrgreen:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Whadaya talkin' 'bout, wanderin' off topic. Why one day in 6th grade, my teacher told me to stay on topic. Why I started talkin' about that topic and didn't leave my chair for four days. It was like a week long fillibuster in a congressional session, I tell ya. The topic was whether to use mustard or ketchup on a hot dog. Filling up 96 hours straight with non-redundant argument for one or the other option tasked even my skills. But to digress was not an option. No, I never go off topic.:rolleyes::mrgreen:

I'm speechless...

:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO: I believe that's a true story!!

Did you tie an onion to your belt, as was the style at the time? :ROFLMAO:

Marinara, Think about it? It is tomatoes, (fresh or canned) no meat, Italian spices, the fresher the better. You don't even have to cook it! Just heat it when you serve it! Blend seasoning, then cook over pasta or what ever. Not like your making "red" gravy, when you blend meat and flavor's for a long time (3 - 4 ) hrs. Its a basic sauce. When I eat it with calamari, I want it cold! What's the real question? How to make? Or how to serve?
It's just a tomato sauce.

I never add meat to a marinara sauce.
Its a mother sauce.

I go easy on the herbs too. Since i am eventually going to make another dish with the marinara, I want a sauce that is accepting of more ingredients.

I agree and quit adding meat to sauces and serve meat balls or sausages on the side or set a sauté pan to the side of the stove and eat up with a little sauce from the pan. Sometimes I make several different types of pasta and let guests choose what they want. It's a little more work but enjoyable.

My granddaughter really surprised me yesterday. She drove down from Maine with her SO and brought me some holiday belated gifts. She is quite an accomplished artist. She painted me a picture of pines at night with a full moon low on the horizon. Dark purple mountains in the background. Both she and her SO have had requests for commissioned works. They are well known in the community.

She couldn't have picked a worse day to come. Last night everyone in the family was at the wake. So she went to and it saved her from visiting everyone's home personally.

She will be back today to have her requested favorite dish. Pasta with a marinara sauce. Only she wants all the meats cooked in it. Meatballs, country style ribs, Italian sausages. And of course a loaf of Italian bread, unsliced. It is more fun to gear off a piece.

So when Pirate returns from shopping with the necessary goodies to make this for her, we will get started in the kitchen. He will start on the gravy, and I will be working on the meatballs and other meats. We told her she could take home anything that is left. We have a couple of empty coffee canisters. Perfect! They don't have to returned and are big enough for the purpose. :angel:

Love a good Sunday Gravy with meatballs, sausages and braciole! Meats are removed and served on the side. The gravy is served over pasta of choice, extra on the side for those that like to drown the pasta, Parmesan cheese on the side (no green cans allowed) and a good, crusty, country bread (in my best JB, Sean Connery) torn, not sliced.:yum: A good finishing olive oil on the table for those that would like some. Banfi Classico Riserva or Ruffino Ducale to drink.

Love a good Sunday Gravy with meatballs, sausages and braciole! Meats are removed and served on the side. The gravy is served over pasta of choice, extra on the side for those that like to drown the pasta, Parmesan cheese on the side (no green cans allowed) and a good, crusty, country bread (in my best JB, Sean Connery) torn, not sliced.:yum: A good finishing olive oil on the table for those that would like some. Banfi Classico Riserva or Ruffino Ducale to drink.

img_1462054_0_59aed77a0d661ca8632086c42634968d.jpg

My granddaughter came down from Maine Friday and was staying for the weekend. She told me what she missed the most was a good pasta dinner. I made a big pot of gravy and had ourselves a Saturday feast. So it wasn't Sunday, but it sure was a big hit. I sent her home with a large coffee canister full of sauce and another one full of all the meats. I also gave her a hearty helping of Romano cheese and the rest of the freshly made loaf of Italian bread. She is one happy girl today. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom