"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Sauces, Marinades, Rubs > Sauces

Old 04-09-2016, 07:13 AM   #71
Chef Extraordinaire

My granddaughter really surprised me yesterday. She drove down from Maine with her SO and brought me some holiday belated gifts. She is quite an accomplished artist. She painted me a picture of pines at night with a full moon low on the horizon. Dark purple mountains in the background. Both she and her SO have had requests for commissioned works. They are well known in the community.

She couldn't have picked a worse day to come. Last night everyone in the family was at the wake. So she went to and it saved her from visiting everyone's home personally.

She will be back today to have her requested favorite dish. Pasta with a marinara sauce. Only she wants all the meats cooked in it. Meatballs, country style ribs, Italian sausages. And of course a loaf of Italian bread, unsliced. It is more fun to gear off a piece.

So when Pirate returns from shopping with the necessary goodies to make this for her, we will get started in the kitchen. He will start on the gravy, and I will be working on the meatballs and other meats. We told her she could take home anything that is left. We have a couple of empty coffee canisters. Perfect! They don't have to returned and are big enough for the purpose.

Old 04-09-2016, 07:24 AM   #72
Executive Chef

Love a good Sunday Gravy with meatballs, sausages and braciole! Meats are removed and served on the side. The gravy is served over pasta of choice, extra on the side for those that like to drown the pasta, Parmesan cheese on the side (no green cans allowed) and a good, crusty, country bread (in my best JB, Sean Connery) torn, not sliced. A good finishing olive oil on the table for those that would like some. Banfi Classico Riserva or Ruffino Ducale to drink.

Old 04-09-2016, 07:48 PM   #73
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigC View Post
Love a good Sunday Gravy with meatballs, sausages and braciole! Meats are removed and served on the side. The gravy is served over pasta of choice, extra on the side for those that like to drown the pasta, Parmesan cheese on the side (no green cans allowed) and a good, crusty, country bread (in my best JB, Sean Connery) torn, not sliced. A good finishing olive oil on the table for those that would like some. Banfi Classico Riserva or Ruffino Ducale to drink.
Old 04-10-2016, 07:27 AM   #74
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
What time should we be over?
Old 04-10-2016, 08:52 AM   #75
Master Chef

Quote:
What time should we be over?
LOL Today is ham but that is the plan as soon.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:39 AM   #76
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
My granddaughter came down from Maine Friday and was staying for the weekend. She told me what she missed the most was a good pasta dinner. I made a big pot of gravy and had ourselves a Saturday feast. So it wasn't Sunday, but it sure was a big hit. I sent her home with a large coffee canister full of sauce and another one full of all the meats. I also gave her a hearty helping of Romano cheese and the rest of the freshly made loaf of Italian bread. She is one happy girl today.

Tags
cook, cooking, marinara, other, technique