Maxim Sauce (for Chilled Seafood)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ironchef

Executive Chef
I learned this at a restaurant that I worked in. Good with oysters, shrimp, crab meat, calamari, etc.

Maxim Sauce

Yield: Approx 2 cups

Ingredients:

12 oz Ketchup
24 oz Mayonaise
1/2 oz Lea & Perrins
1/2 oz Tabasco
2 oz Fresh Lemon juice
1/2 oz Cognac
Kosher Salt to taste

Method:

Combine all ingredients and chill.

Thanks IC we always have a platter of ice cold shrimp on Christmas eve, and I was wanting to try a sauce that was homemade instead of botteled..Thank you..
kadesma:)

kadesma said:
Thanks IC we always have a platter of ice cold shrimp on Christmas eve, and I was wanting to try a sauce that was homemade instead of botteled..Thank you..

I hope it came out. If you've already made it, you've probably figured out that you can adjust the tabasco, Lea & Perrins, etc. to fit your individual taste preference.

This seems like a recipe that is popular in the UK, often called Marie Rose sauce, or we have seen it as Mary Rose sauce.

Here is a link:

http://aww.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=40190&subsectionname=archive

Here is another recipe:

2 Tb Mayo
2 Tb Ketchup
2 Tb Double Cream
1 Tsp Worcestershire sauce, squeeze of lemon juice and a dash of Tabasco.

Actually prefer Miracle Whip to mayo for the recipe.

This is a great recipe for dipping shrimp.

ironchef said:
I hope it came out. If you've already made it, you've probably figured out that you can adjust the tabasco, Lea & Perrins, etc. to fit your individual taste preference.
IC, made the sauce used just a few drops of the tabasco but left the rest the same..The sauce is really good and all my kids love it...Thanks so much for a recipe I can make myself and tastes wonderful

Back
Top Bottom