"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Sauces, Marinades, Rubs > Sauces

Old 02-19-2016, 03:39 AM   #1
Master Chef

Ms. Mofet's Creamy Garlic Béchamel Sauce

Ms. Mofet's Creamy Garlic Béchamel Sauce

4 TBSP Butter
4 TBSP Flour
4 - 6 Fresh garlic cloves - chop fine, pressed or grated with a micro plane rasp style grater - to taste
1/2 & 1/2 and/or milk
Salt
Ground black pepper
Dry mustard
Dash cayenne - optional
Fresh parsley - chopped fine - to taste

In a pot, melt 4 TBSP butter over medium heat. Add grated fresh garlic and cook gently till soft.
Add 4 TBSP flour to make a roux and cook (may added more flour to achieve a thick constancy), whisk briskly to remove any lumps.
Add salt, ground pepper, dry mustard and cayenne to taste.
Slowly add the 1/2 & 1/2 and/or milk and whisk briskly after each addition to prevent lumps.
Add enough milk to make a smooth medium thick consistency.
Lower heat to low and simmer 2 minutes.
Add fresh parsley and toss.
Pour over pasta (I like mini bowties or small shells the best) or egg noodles (pictured below). You may add baby sweet peas if desired to add flavor and color to dish.

Served with cold string bean salad and lamb chop (pan seared then simmered in lemon juice, chicken stock, fresh garlic and gravy master till tender and liquid reduces)

Old 02-19-2016, 04:25 AM   #2
Master Chef

Nice!

I'm visualizing it as a main dish with some diced ham, a few asparagus tips, a little red bell pepper...

Old 02-19-2016, 04:38 AM   #3
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
Nice!

I'm visualizing it as a main dish with some diced ham, a few asparagus tips, a little red bell pepper...
Thank you Bea
Old 02-19-2016, 05:07 AM   #4
Sous Chef

How much half & half?
Old 02-19-2016, 05:13 AM   #5
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
How much half & half?
It depends on how thick or thin you want it.

Quote:
Slowly add the 1/2 & 1/2 and/or milk and whisk briskly after each addition to prevent lumps.
Add enough milk to make a smooth medium thick consistency.
Old 02-19-2016, 10:42 AM   #6
Master Chef

I need to go shopping later. I think this will be on the menu (made with Bariila mini bow ties) not sure about meat but spinach will probably be the veg. I also feel like French Onion soup but it will be cheat soup using a canned soup.
Old 02-19-2016, 11:19 AM   #7
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
I need to go shopping later. I think this will be on the menu (made with Bariila mini bow ties) not sure about meat but spinach will probably be the veg. I also feel like French Onion soup but it will be cheat soup using a canned soup.
Instead of meat how about tossing in a handful of shrimp!
Old 02-19-2016, 11:24 AM   #8
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
Instead of meat how about tossing in a handful of shrimp!
I hate shrimp. Sorry.

I think it will be bread chicken cutlets.

Tags
recipe, bechamel sauce, cream, garlic, sauce, ham

Ms. Mofet's Creamy Garlic Béchamel Sauce [B][U]Ms. Mofet's Creamy Garlic Béchamel Sauce[/U][/B] 4 TBSP Butter 4 TBSP Flour 4 - 6 Fresh garlic cloves - chop fine, pressed or grated with a micro plane rasp style grater - to taste 1/2 & 1/2 and/or milk Salt Ground black pepper Dry mustard Dash cayenne - optional Fresh parsley - chopped fine - to taste In a pot, melt 4 TBSP butter over medium heat. Add grated fresh garlic and cook gently till soft. Add 4 TBSP flour to make a roux and cook (may added more flour to achieve a thick constancy), whisk briskly to remove any lumps. Add salt, ground pepper, dry mustard and cayenne to taste. Slowly add the 1/2 & 1/2 and/or milk and whisk briskly after each addition to prevent lumps. Add enough milk to make a smooth medium thick consistency. Lower heat to low and simmer 2 minutes. Add fresh parsley and toss. Pour over pasta (I like mini bowties or small shells the best) or egg noodles (pictured below). You may add baby sweet peas if desired to add flavor and color to dish. [IMG]http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp48/msmofet/Food%20Two/072111_Garlic_Beacutechamel_Sauce_close_P1080797.jpg[/IMG] Served with cold string bean salad and lamb chop (pan seared then simmered in lemon juice, chicken stock, fresh garlic and gravy master till tender and liquid reduces) [IMG]http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp48/msmofet/Food%20Two/072111_Garlic_Beacutechamel_Sauce_P1080797.jpg[/IMG] 3 stars 1 reviews