Need a recipe for cold tomato sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alx26

Cook
Basically I really like the tomato pasta we can get here in the UK supermarkets. And I want to make some kind of a sauce to go with my cold pasta and chicken. I would greatly appreciate any recipes. I tried pouring dolmio over it, but it was horrible. it's not a cold sauce. I need someting that's nice cold....

A raw tomato sauce is delicious - 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 lbs fresh tomatoes, about 2 garlic cloves, about 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, fresh basil, red pepper flakes, salt, black pepper to taste. Can also add some black olives. Finely chop garlic in processor, than add rest of ingredients. Pulse to desired consistency - I leave it a little chunky.

I don't have a food processor :(

I do have a blender. SHould I try?

any more ideas? perhaps with tinned tomatoes?

You wouldn't even need to use a blender if you didn't want to. Simply finely chop those things that need finely chopped and rough chop the rest. If you want a smoother sauce then by all means, add them to your blender.

I also like to use a bit of pesto thinned out with some olive oil, fresh tomatoes, fresh basil chiffonade, finely minced garlic, salt, pepper, and that's about it! I top with either grated Parmesan or shaved Parmesan. Makes a great summer meal or side dish. Basil chicken, or just cooked chicken chunks, that have been allowed to cool, will make this a well-balanced meal.

Anything that calls for fresh tomatoes simply substitute your tinned tomatoes. I like the liquid from tinned tomatoes as it adds some good moisture.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom