Oh the horror: Inner Beauty Real Hot sauce R.I.P.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beerco

Senior Cook
:(

Don’t know if you guys have heard, but Inner Beauty Real hot sauce is dead, outa business, not being produced anymore. This is my all time favorite hot sauce and I’m way bummed. I’ve looked for contact information from the manufacturer to try and get some sort of recipe but I’ve not been able to track them down.

Anyhow, this recipe is floating all over the internet as an Inner beauty substitute:

12 fresh habaneros
1 ripe mango
1 cup cheap yellow mustard
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 T curry powder
1 T ground cumin
1 T chili powder
salt and pepper to taste

I’ve made this a couple of times and while it’s o.k., it’s not quite inner beauty. I don’t have a bottle of inner beauty in front of me, but some of the ingredient differences that I remember are:

Papaya & pineapple juice as the fruit. Cider Vinegar and Molasses. Possibly there’s some honey in there too. (I’ll post the ingrudiment list from the bottle when I get home)

I happen to have about an ounce of real Inner beauty and have compared it to the recipe above. The real deal seems to have a strong tanginess to it that the fake doesn’t. I made a batch which used pineapple juice to mix the mustard (I refuse to use cheap yellow mustard) and I thought that would be it but it wasn’t.

Anyone else out there as disappointed as I am about our loss and does anyone want to help in my quest to either procure the actual recipe or concoct a new one?

-Andy.

Oh no that is horrible news. I loved that sauce. I was in a hot sauce store not too long ago and I was torn between getting inner beauty or trying something new. I went with some new ones and now I am sorry I did :(

Ingredients from bottle

O.k. Here's the ingredients in order from the back of my last bottle :cry:

Mustard, scotch bonnet peppers, pineapple juice, papaya puree, cider vinegar, orange juice, canola oil, spices, molasses, honey, brown sugar.

Any ideas?

CRAP!

I'll have to try to scoop some up on the internet or go over to East Coast Grill and see if they have any more.

I loved that stuff.

I have been looking on the internet and every place I find says they have not had any in stock for months now.

Let me know if you find any at East Coast Grill Jenny. I love that place!!!

GB said:
I have been looking on the internet and every place I find says they have not had any in stock for months now.

Let me know if you find any at East Coast Grill Jenny. I love that place!!!

My experience too, I've been trying to re-order for a year now (I buy by the case). Let's band together and try and figure this out.

I've already written an e-mail to East Coast Grill but haven't heard back yet. I'm pretty sure that the recipe I posted above is from their book "big tast of the hot sun" or whatever it's called. It's close, but.....

Back
Top Bottom