Oriental Stir Fry Mix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brianschef

Senior Cook
I am going to take a shot here and hope this is where I post this recipe...:glare:

Oriental Stir Fry Mix

Ingredients:

6 tablespoons cornstarch
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 1/4 teaspoons instant beef bouillon granules
3/4 teaspoon onion powder
6 tablespoons wine vinegar(rice, red, white, etc.)
6 tablespoons water
1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
3/4 cup soy sauce
3/4 cup dark brown corn syrup
2 2/3 cups water

Directions:

Combine cornstarch, garlic powder, bouillon granules and onion powder. Use a whisk to stir in vinegar, 6 tablespoons water and ginger until cornstarch is dissolved. Stir in soy sauce, corn syrup and 2 2/3 cups water, mixing well.

Pour into a 5 cup container with a tight fitting lid. Store in refrigerator. Stir well before using.

**Note: 1 1/2 cups of mix will makes enough sauce for 4-6 servings. You can add 2 tablespoons of brown sugar to the 1 1/2 cups of mix for a teriyaki sauce. I also add sweet chili sauce to the stir fry for some heat, sweet and flavor! Serve over rice or noodles.

Neat! Tx! Do you find, though, that the cornstarch sometimes loses its thickening power after sitting in the fridge? Sometimes when I make a gravy using cornstarch, then heat up the leftovers, the gravy is thinner than when I originally served it.

Never had that problem, maybe because the sugars bind so tightly with the cornstarch. I have kept a six month supply(3 quarts)in the fridge with no issues.

I run a small catering service/personal chef business out of my kitchen so I make alot of homemade mixes, use organics when I can. I also cater to restrictive diets so by making my own mixes, etc., I can control the amounts and types of preservatives that go into my foods. Salts, sugars, MSG, etc.

This week I am playing with my new electric frying pan. My DH works for the DoD, so we travel and move quite frequently(about every 2 years or so), and we live for at least 90 days in hotels. So I am frugalling a cookbook on how to be able to cook without a kitchen. Between my crockpot stash, my electric frying pan, my coffee maker and s small electric fridge I find I can cook just about anything! So I am frying(baking) cakes and pies this week, and all with my own dehydrated fruits and veggies and my home made mixes.

Well I dehydrate everything, so I can make casseroles, soups, quiches, stir fries, etc. Example: Scalloped potatoes 'n Ham ~ I dry the potatoes I get at the farmers market, I also dry the ham, and I make the cheese sauce mix from scratch including the powdered cheese(DH like blue cheese).

I bake most everything and make my own pudding mixes, cakes mixes, brownie mixes, cookie mixes. etc. Example: Pumpkin Pudding with dried pumpkin powder, extra yummy! Or apple butter/pecan cinnamon rolls, or blackberry jam and toasted walnut, peach butter and macadamia cinnamon rolls....so good piping hot out of the oven, drizzled with hot honey butter...

I make my own spice mixes, rubs, sauces mixes, coffee creamers, coffee mixes, etc. Example: Toffee Coffee, I have it most every morning!

Hubby goes nuts over Blue Cheese Mac 'n Cheese as do most people at pot lucks.

I make all my own aperitif's, frazzled fruits, vinegars, and hot sauces.

So see I need some specific requests....sorry. = )

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom