Puree Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

battleangela

Assistant Cook
Hi

I am not that much of a cook but I am trying to learn. I have a wrap that normally uses a cottage cream as the sauce. This time around I can't use it because my fiancee is jewish and can't eat diary and meat. So I want to try a mango puree as the main sauce. I wanto add for a little spice a dash of lemon juice, salt, pepper, and cliantro. I haven't really tried to make a puree and would like some advice on how to make it.

Thank you all :chef:

If it is a wrap, I would recommend not making a puree. I would leave it chunky. If you have a puree then it will drip out much more than if you leave it chunky. Do it more like a thick salsa. Use checks of mango with cilantro and the other things you mentioned. Maybe a chopped up jalapeño if you want some heat.

SurvivorGirl said:
It would prolly be helpful if you could post the recipe.

Well their is no recipe, this something I thought of myself:
3/4 of a mango
1/2 tsp of Sea Salt
1/2 tsp of Ground Black Pepper
3 ml of squeezed lemon juice
About 3 or 4 cilantro leave

Does this help ? :angel:

battleangela said:
Well their is no recipe, this something I thought of myself:
3/4 of a mango
1/2 tsp of Sea Salt
1/2 tsp of Ground Black Pepper
3 ml of squeezed lemon juice
About 3 or 4 cilantro leave

Does this help ? :angel:

I think she meant the recipe for the wrap. That way we can help you determine if the mango will work or recommend a better alternative.

ironchef said:
I think she meant the recipe for the wrap. That way we can help you determine if the mango will work or recommend a better alternative.
Ah

Well I am going to use a brined chicken, as the bread for the wrap, filled with the mango sauce, and wraped in turkey bacon. Held by little stakes to keep together. Then baked at 375 for about 20 mins. :chef:

battleangela said:
Ah

Well I am going to use a brined chicken, as the bread for the wrap, filled with the mango sauce, and wraped in turkey bacon. Held by little stakes to keep together. Then baked at 375 for about 20 mins. :chef:

Ah ok. Hope it turns out. With the flavors that you're using (chicken and turkey bacon), and considering that you're baking it, you might want to consider a tomato based sauce like a romesco. To me, the mango flavor is left best uncooked and served as is. Also, when you slice it, the mango puree will start pouring out.

If you're determined to make a mango sauce, why don't you stuff the chicken with something like crab meat and serve the mango sauce on the side for people to dip the chicken in?

ironchef said:
Ah ok. Hope it turns out. With the flavors that you're using (chicken and turkey bacon), and considering that you're baking it, you might want to consider a tomato based sauce like a romesco. To me, the mango flavor is left best uncooked and served as is. Also, when you slice it, the mango puree will start pouring out.

If you're determined to make a mango sauce, why don't you stuff the chicken with something like crab meat and serve the mango sauce on the side for people to dip the chicken in?

Nice idea, about the crab meat and sauce to the side. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom