I am going to guess this is a Jerk type sauce.
If so, MINORS makes a great prefab one for marinading and finishing. Hey Mon brand, makes an even better one.
As far as making one from scratch, here is one from Jamaican.com
- 1/2 cup pimento( allspice berries)
- 1/2+ cup packed brown sugar
- 6-8 garlic cloves
- 4-6 Scotch bonnet peppers
- 1 tablespoon ground thyme or 2 tablespoons thyme leaves
- 1-2 bunches escallions (green onions)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce to moisten
- Put content in a food processor or blender and liquify
- Pour sauce in a Jar and keep refrigerated.
- The sauce will keep forever if kept refrigerated
- To increase spiciness blend pepper and pimento and add to sauce the hot peppers at any time.
I have used this many times, I use a little corn syrup to give it a little more viscosity though.