Sesame Sauce for Shrimp or steak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Here is the recipe for Kitchenelf referenced in Japanese salad dressing...
Hope you enjoy it! I am addicted to it. I can't eat a steak without it now. LOL.

1/4 cup tahini paste
2 tbsp soy sauce (lighter is better)
1/4 tsp each of:
-ginger
-salt
-paprika (small tsp)
1 tbsp mayo (low fat is fine)
3 tbsp water
1 tsp prepared garlic (I use one fresh minced clove)

Now it says to microwave for 10 seconds and gradually blend everything together. I just toss it all in my little food processor and hit the button til it looks good. I also frequently add more soy sauce instead of water and a little extra garlic is good too. Serve with your BBQed steak.

Last edited:
Thanks for the post and I must say that this IS one of the best tasting things ever created!!!
1.gif

Thank you so much Alix - I can't wait to try it!! I have everything in my pantry/refrigerator and may just make some for the heck of it!!! LOL I'll go get the steak later 8)

Hey Kitchenelf...did you try the sauce? I grilled some garlic shrimp and had this with it the other day...YUMMY!!!
9.gif
Just wondering if you liked it.

Tried this last night with some pork loin roast...it was wonderful. Also just thought I should mention that I have modified the recipe a bit. I now roast my garlic and squish several cloves into the recipe rather than using minced garlic. Yum...gentler flavour but very full bodied.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom