Spicy Sauce on Pizza

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey will :)

The garlic burns when it turns dark golden color, you don't want that! You want to extract it's flavors only with out letting it change color. Depends on how fine you mince or slice your garlic, I mince them quite fine and sautee them for only a minute or sometimes less. They will start to harden and slowly turn gold then dark gold then brown then eventually black :!: I just watch when they start hardening, that's enough for me, you will notice alot of flavor and smell already...About the cheese, no you bake your crust alone and when it's nearly done (the time when you add in your chicken mixture) that's when you first layer the cheese then the chicken above that. A minute or 2 before turning off the oven, sprinkle the top with a little but of cheese (optional because you already have cheese below the chicken, it just gives it a better look).
I may not be any help with the herbs because generally my chicken is herbed and roasted ( I love thyme and oregano the most when I'm making this recipe) and I don't require any more for the sauce. In general Pizza (tomato sauces) love basil, thyme, oregano herbs. choose one :D
Goodluck Will & keep us posted!

Ok, that makes more sense. Im gonna pick up some of the ingredients tonight and when I try it again, I will post again.

Thanks alot for the input moonlight! Your a great help!

mudbug said:
I am still amazed at will's devotion to this single topic.

I guess he loves this pizza so much, he's so determined to get it right! happens to me alot when I fall in love with some food :D

haha, yeah... I get like that about certain things sometimes. Im very determined until I get it to my satisfaction :)

I finally got a chance to try it again... came out alot better. I made some mistakes, but incase any is interested... this is what I did.

1) Melted two tablespoons of butter in a saucepan and 1/3 cup of water
2) Put some orageno and 2 chopped garlic cloves-let sit for about 7 min
3) Drained and added hot sauce, about 3/4 of a cup and black pepper
4) Added a tablespoon of tomato paste and very little of Balsamic Vinegar and stirred for about another 10 min
5) Pre-cooked crust for 7 min
6) Added a thin layer of cheese, then added sauce, then added some more cheese on top (Thanks moonlight). Put EVOL on the outter edge of the crust
7) Put back in oven for about 5 more min
8) VOILA

It was interesting.. it had the look of actual pizza sauce (red) but had the taste of hot sauce. Actually very good in my opinion, but then again, Im not that picky when it comes to pizza and hot stuff. Although there are modifications I wil have to make, I think Im well on my way.

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who helped... I can see I will be posting more in hopes of learning more :) Great community!

What I have done in the past to make this kind of pizza.... I bought a jar of roasted red peppers... or you could roast your own. What I do in an apartment is just halve/seed red bell peppers and place them on the burners of my stove. If you don't have a gas stove, us your broiler. Remove the peppers when you see the skin is charred. Place in a paper bag to cool.. The steam inside the bag will make it a piece of cake to remove the skin. Place the roasted peppers in your blender or processor.. puree.. add some tobasco sauce and butter.. mix well, this will make a thicker sauce. If you use the jarred roasted peppers, drain well.

Juliev said:
What I have done in the past to make this kind of pizza.... I bought a jar of roasted red peppers... or you could roast your own. What I do in an apartment is just halve/seed red bell peppers and place them on the burners of my stove. If you don't have a gas stove, us your broiler. Remove the peppers when you see the skin is charred. Place in a paper bag to cool.. The steam inside the bag will make it a piece of cake to remove the skin. Place the roasted peppers in your blender or processor.. puree.. add some tobasco sauce and butter.. mix well, this will make a thicker sauce. If you use the jarred roasted peppers, drain well.

excellent idea, Juliev. probably provide more flavor than plain ole tomato paste too!

ty mudbug. I can't remember where I read idea, but I have been doing that for a couple years. I have also done this to make a good wing sauce too.... I love chicken wings.... If I didn't, I should be shipped out of state... lol! I live close to Buffalo, NY. The red peppers give it such a great different flavor.. instead of the ol' hot sauce and butter.

So you basically just make a puree then add some butter (melted?) . Thats an idea...

What does roasting it do? Does it have any benefit or is that just 'the way' :)

Thanks for the info!

hiya will!!!! Roasting peppers give the peppers such a unique flavor.. don't really know how else to answer that... lol. Yes, after the peppers have cooled and you have removed the charred skin.. just puree in the blender/processor, then add melted butter and some tobasco (Frank's Hot Sauce, or whatever hot sauce you like).... mix until well blended. I don't have an exact recipe.. I just go by taste more than anything else. I have also added minced garlic before, for something different.

I just cook for myself, so I rarely follow an exact recipe. Most recipes are geared for a family or more than one person. I like to experiment.

Will looks like this thread got long and you got some good suggestions.

I think the best thing to thicken the sauce up is to let it cook. The hot sauce has a good amount of liquid (in form of vinegar) that can be concentrated. So cook the hot sauce first. Once it thickens mix it with butter and cook it a bit more.

Spread it to the crust with a pastry brush (the thick kind). Keep adding as much as necessary (don't overload). The thicker sauce sticks better to the crust.

Goodluck.

Back
Top Bottom