Sweetcorn Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SHAMALICIOUS

Senior Cook
2 cups of roasted sweetcorn
Roux
Salt + lots of pepper to taste

1 -Create a roux -equal parts of butter & plain flour
From that, make a white sauce

2 -roast sweetcorn with a bit of chilli powder
puree

3 -add to white sauce and season well

How do you roast corn?
Sprinkle the kernels on a cookie sheet and put in the oven? Oil?

Thanks

Shamalicious do you think fire roasting the corn (on the cob) then removing would work..?? Love the recipe idea....Maybe for lunch today....Thanks for posting it!!

I couldnt really say Uncle Bob. My mum makes it. I just eat it lol. I hope it works well for you, it is quite a nice sauce, I have it on fish with cheese on top too!!

We do something like this at work. It's for a stuffed chicken dish. When I make the sauce, I saute corn in clarified butter, and just when it starts to caramelize, I add some minced shallots and continue to cook them until fragrant. Deglaze with a little white wine, add some heavy cream, bring to a boil, tighten with roux, then season with S&P.

do you think fire roasting the corn (on the cob) then removing would work.

It works great, I've used it in a salad. I'm using some to top a leftover baked potato for lunch. AllenOK, that sounds really good. Thx!

I am totally going to try this as well... Great idea! I love corn, so this is a natural extension to a lot of great dishes..

In fact, one of my favorite thing to do is add Sweet Corn to Chili.. I bet this sauce would be GREAT on top of Chili.. Sounds nasty, but tastes so good!

Thanks for sharing!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom