Tamarind Chipotle Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
This is going to be an exotic tropical flavor.

Tamarind Chipotle Sauce

1 Block of Tamarind paste, ~14 oz
2 c Water
½ c Dark Brown Sugar
2 Cloves of Garlic
2 Chipotle chiles in Adobo
Juice of one lime, optional
2 t Minced mint leaves

Add the Tamarind paste to the water and heat gently, stirring until smooth. Place in a blender and puree together with the sugar, garlic, Chipotles, and Adobo sauce. Then add the lime juice and blend in. Serve slightly warmed.
This sauce goes very well with any pork dish, especially barbecued pork, or with seafood such as shrimp and soft-shelled crab, especially when combined with a little mint.

Looking for a recipe for slow cooked pork in a smoky sauce ( and if you have one can you please post it??:) :) ) I came across this Asia meets Mexico sauce.

Thanks Allen, I will definitely be trying this and very soon. Has all the flavours I adore.:cool:

The recipe I am after for the pork is the type that you can put into taco's or burritos BTW.

Thanks!

What you are basically describing is American pulled pork (or tex-mex carnitas maybe).
Do a search for pulled pork here but basically just rub a pork butt with whatever rub you want, put it in a 250* oven for 8 hours uncovered. Shred it by pulling between two forks. Enjoy.

AllenMI said:
This is going to be an exotic tropical flavor.

Tamarind Chipotle Sauce

1 Block of Tamarind paste, ~14 oz
2 c Water
½ c Dark Brown Sugar
2 Cloves of Garlic
2 Chipotle chiles in Adobo
Juice of one lime, optional
2 t Minced mint leaves

Add the Tamarind paste to the water and heat gently, stirring until smooth. Place in a blender and puree together with the sugar, garlic, Chipotles, and Adobo sauce. Then add the lime juice and blend in. Serve slightly warmed.
This sauce goes very well with any pork dish, especially barbecued pork, or with seafood such as shrimp and soft-shelled crab, especially when combined with a little mint.

That looks very good - although down here in the Sweet Tropics, we'd add more sugar to that. Tamarind fruit is very, very acid!

It'd go great with shrimp, prawns, deep-fried squid - in fact, any seafood or grilled fish!

Back
Top Bottom