"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Sauces, Marinades, Rubs > Sauces

Old 08-21-2007, 06:11 PM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

Tomatillo sauce-tnt

This is the tomatillo sauce I use..It calls for the canned tomatillos 2- 13-0z cans. I have used fresh which I prefer, it's just more work, hulling and chopping. My problem is I didn't write down how much of the fresh I used..Darn..But here is the original I started with. I'd just clean a bunch and cut them in half cook then put in blender, it can be frozen if you do as I do and over estimate!
heat 1/3 c. veggie oil in good size pan, med heat,add 2 nice sized white onions chopped, and cook til just soft. Stir in I large can diced green chiles,two cans (13oz) tomatillos,I cup chicken stock,3 Tab. lime juice or a little more depending on how you like lime..I add more, love that tang it gives/Add 2 tea. dry oregano and 1-2 teas. cumin Bring up to boil, reduce heat and simmer about a half hour, then cool a little and whizz in your blender, Add salt to season to taste. I pour this over the enchiladas as well as dip the tortillas in the sauce on one side and place the chicken on the sauced side, roll, put in pans top with sauce..When I serve I sometimes will spread with a white cheese, usually jack or a mexican cheese, and melt the cheese..pass an avocado dip and shredded iceberg with it.The mix of cheese and crunchy lettuce my kids love.

kadesma

Old 08-21-2007, 09:50 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
This is the tomatillo sauce I use..
<snip>
Sounds great, Kadesma. Thanks

Old 08-21-2007, 09:52 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Sounds great, Kadesma. Thanks
You're very welcome. Glad I could give you an idea.
kadesma

Tags
None