Ugh, Swedish Meatballs faux pas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Strykewulf

Assistant Cook
So I was making the McCormick brand Swedish Meatballs, I got my meatballs made, and my sauce. I transferred all of the above to my crock pot to keep warm and take to the New Years Eve party tonight, and noticed my sauce was very thin and wet. I turned the heat up on the crock pot to try to cook it down a bit, and walked away for 20 minutes. when I went back to turn the heat down and give it a stir, it appears the milk has solidified and separated from the sauce.:ohmy: It has thickened a little bit, but looks pretty gross separated. Can I recover the sauce? Do I need to start a new batch? If consumed, could it make someone sick?:( Never made this before, and don't want to get anyone sick.

Last edited:
I don't know the answer about whether it can be fixed, but if not maybe you could heat up a some canned mushroom soup (don't add liquid) with a bit of sour cream added to it. Then give the meatballs a quick rinse or wipe them off if they need it and add to the soup mixture. Or BBQ sauce. Either of those would be a quick fix and you could still use the meatballs.

Last edited:
Thank you, but I pulled the meatballs, and put the sauce in the blender, and Voila! Good as new! Hopefully my faux pas can help someone else in the future. lol

Thank you, but I pulled the meatballs, and put the sauce in the blender, and Voila! Good as new! Hopefully my faux pas can help someone else in the future. lol
I was going to suggest giving it a good stir.

I often make a dish with chunks of pork cooked in a cream sauce and it curdles and looks gross, then I stir it and it is fine.

That's great! I was thinking that would work, but I know others know more about sauces than I do. :cool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom