What Bar B Que Sauce Do You Buy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I was in Washington State, I used Bullseye, but now that I am in Canada, I can't find it, so I have been using this Kraft Onion Flavored, and oh my gosh its GREAT! :rolleyes:

I've tried Sweet Baby Ray's and Bullseye. Jack Daniels has some out also. Tried that as well. They taste ok.:ermm:

But KC Masterpiece is right on the money!

Yes, cayenne is good also. try Chipotle Tabasco, also. It has a smokey BBQ-like thaste that makes everything taste smokey & oh, so good!! I used some of it in my Lip Smakin' BBQ Sauce. The recipe came with my Rival BBQ Pit Crock Pot Slow Cooker.:)

You can also get the recipe(s) for free online when you visit their website at http://www.crockpot.com. It's oooohhhh soooooo good!!!! Try it sometime.:chef:

~Corey123.

Last edited:
Never buy it or if I do I dilute it half with vinegar. Commercial BBQ sauces are just too thick and concentrated for my usual use for pulled pork.

Here is my recipe that my kids say I should bottle and sell.

1 bottle ketchup (28-32 oz.)
1 ketchup bottle cider vinegar
3/4C yellow mustard
3/4C worcestershire sauce
3/4C brown sugar
1TBS coarse black pepper
3oz. liquid smoke
Hot sauce (Texas Pete, not Tabasco) to taste
Mix all with a whisk.
Simmer for 1 hour

Gretchen said:
Never buy it or if I do I dilute it half with vinegar. Commercial BBQ sauces are just too thick and concentrated for my usual use for pulled pork.

Here is my recipe that my kids say I should bottle and sell.

1 bottle ketchup (28-32 oz.)
1 ketchup bottle cider vinegar
3/4C yellow mustard
3/4C worcestershire sauce
3/4C brown sugar
1TBS coarse black pepper
3oz. liquid smoke
Hot sauce (Texas Pete, not Tabasco) to taste
Mix all with a whisk.
Simmer for 1 hour

Your kids are right! you SHOULD try to bottle it and sell it. You'd probably make a fortune with it!:chef:

My mom & dad also used to put vinegar into the bottled sauce to thin it a little. They've always used Open Pit BBQ sauce. Remember that one? I don't like it though. Looks and tastes too cheap & flimsy now!:ermm:

But instead of adding vinegar to the sauce, try adding some of the juice from the pulled pork. I think that makes it more flavorful.:chef:

~Corey123.

I've always got 5-6 bottles of various brands here for free. Whenever your Sunday paper has coupons for BBQ sauce, they're usually for $1 off. If your store does double coupons, that's good. BBQ sauce goes on sale at least once/month, but varies by brand. When they go on sale, it's usually for $2 per bottle. Bring in your coupon, and your sauce is free. Toothpastes do this really often too. You should see how many of those I've got!

PS - remember the easiest use for BBQ sauce:
Put a liner in your crockpot
Then add:
1 pkg frozen meatballs
1 bottle BBQ sauce
Cook on low till they're done.
Whew, that was hard!:LOL:

Glad now makes crockpot liners.

Supposedly for easy cleaning of the crockpot stoneware. But I've never had a problem cleaning mine.

~Corey123.

I love 'em! Not just for clean up, but also, you can just keep whatever leftovers you may have in the same bag, tie it up and throw it in the fridge.
After all this yummy BBQ sauce, I may add the meatballs to tomorrow's game day faire.

I'm going to make some cheese dip with ground beef for nachos.

Yeah, and speaking of sauce, I'm also going to make some chicken cacchiatori with the leftover spaghetti sauce that's been hanging out in the fridge!

Put some of it over a bed of hot cooked rice. Yuuummmmm!!!!!!!

~Corey123.

we never buy bbq sauce, my hubby isn't a fan! But back in predave days, I always like KC Masterpiece. I always heard the brand you chose depends on whether you like it sweet or tangy. I suppose that is why I like KC. It has a sweeter taste to me (which suits my sweet tooth just fine!)

It took me awhile to remember the name of this sauce, but the last couple of years that I was in OK, "Head Country" BBQ sauce started showing up in Tulsa. It's made in Ponca City, and I have relatives in that city and the surrounding area.

I can't find Head Country here in MI, but, I could order directly off the web, or send some money down to my parents and have them buy it and ship it to me, or, wait until we go down next, which according to PeppA, will probably be in a week or two.

Back
Top Bottom