Why did my bechamel/cheese sauce fail?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Silversage - The reason why many people (myself included) posted about beginning with a béchamel was simply because most cooks begin a cheese sauce with a béchamel. One of the most traditional cheese sauces built this way is a Mornay, but you can make a béchamel any consistency you desire (from which the cheese sauce will be any thickness you desire - including runny at room temperature). I (along with others) were trying to ensure the original poster that roux based sauces can be silky smooth - without particulates or that flour taste many associate with poorly made roux based cheese sauces.

I'm not threatened in the least by whoever the article was by. He's probably a great cook/chef/food-scientist... but the context in which you framed your arguments were quite different after making the claim that "No one" is "better" (whatever that means) at food science than this guy. I take exception to absolute claims like this, and simply voiced my opinion as such along with my (hopefully) helpful encouragement.

Back
Top Bottom