Woot! 1`st batch of the year :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YT2095

Executive Chef
I`ve just bottled up my 1`st litre of red Chili sauce this season:w00t2:
it`s a Mild one (IMO) and packed with aroma and flavour, I can`t wait to start giving some of these bottles away, although I`m still enjoying the remains of a batch I made 2 years ago.

anyway, I just wanted to share my good news with you all:D

I have at least another 4 litres worth of crop left too (I use a kilo per litre), but they need to ripen up properly yet.
those will be for HOT sauce:devilish:
White Habanero and Naga Jolokia.
:nuke::nuke::nuke::nuke::nuke: <--- looks better than the chili pepper rating.

YT2095, How did you manage to keep your bottles of chilli sauce for 2 years? Did you refrigerate them?

I do indeed, or at least the bulk of it.
when I make it part of what I use it the White spirit vinigar, I store the bulk of the sauce in those empty bottles, and then in the fridge. save the bottle up throughout the year.
then when I need some, I give a quick shake and then pour that into a sauce bottle that stays in the cuboard for anytime use (like Tobasco), and return the larger bottle back to the fridge.
I have smaller bottles in the fridge that are over 5 years old and still perfectly viable :)

the Mega Hot chili sauce could last 100 years or more if kept in the cool and dark (the alc percentage is roughly 70%).
the Na-DCCA sterilising tables are great too if you`re uncertain about the bottles cleanliness.

I too, make sweet chilli sauce either from Florina (sweet) peppers & hot peppers or tomatoes. Because of the presence of sugar and vinegar, the jars and bottles keep very well in the fridge. I have not tried leaving them outside (in a cool place) for fear that the summer may be too hot, thus encouraging spoilage. The chilli paste made from hot and sweet peppers has a tendency to mould even when refrigerated.

Dude! Wished you lived closer!!! That hot sauce sounds good right now, go great with some eggs and sausage on a biscuit or something. It is morning time here in Texas so I am just thinking about breakfast food! I can't think of a better way to start out the morning!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom