"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories
Click Here to Login

Old 01-14-2017, 09:13 AM   #11
Head Chef

Thanks all for your condolences
I have totally de cluttered every drawer, closet, shelf, bucket, box in every room.
Stuff save and never been looked at or used since it was put away.
There isn't a storage bucket in any closet. all clothes are hung up and only ones that will be actually worn. Hubbie had 3 suits I think he had when we got married 38 yrs ago and definitely do not fit him why do we have them. Me ... 1/2 dz long formal wear why?????? gone. shoes both of us never wear, gone, books that we have read and just sit on a shelf never touch again, donated to hospitals and nursing homes. The shelves weren't built in so they were removed and have a larger den. Closet with electronics in it totally emptied hubbie went thru and said all outdated gone to recycling center. Closet now organized with games and toys for grandkids easy excess for them. By the way they saw some games that they went wow we haven't played this in like forever.
Bathroom closet all organized with containers and labeled, medicine, first aid, mouth items, hair items, I have never had so much room.
Hubbie joking asked have we been robbed. I said nope just cleaned out.
I even went through decorations, things I never put out why do I have them then.
I got rid of my junk drawer as that is what it is Junk. Cleaned out my desk, unbelievable how many pens how many posti note pads I had. pens I had that don't even have any ink in them. Brought little trays to sort pens pencils, paper clips ets.
Got all the same containers for my spices and I gained 1/4 more cupboard space.
Once I got going I didn't stop, Many trips to the Donation center, recycling center, and this week our trash man will be very happy as he had some heavy pick ups.
People keep at it, you will be surprised at what you don't need and how you feel when you complete it. Everything has a place now. My daily/ weekly cleaning is a cinch now. no time at all I'm done. Keep it up people. Bucky don't keep walking around it Just makes you more frustrated looking at it.
Oh and I noticed when I went shopping for all the containers I ended up spending less as I don't want stuff.
Sorry if I have gone on and on about this but I am one proud women and one happy women. Oh by the way got hubbie in the mood and he cleaned out the man cave and reorganized was surprised at what he got rid off. I didn't expect that one nor was going to ask him to do it . See you start it and everyone catches on. I do have to admit, I did get a little cranky during this whole process, so expect that. End results is all worth it. When hubbie came in and saw my sewing room looking like a magazine cover He said don't cook were going out. Woo hoo Happy wife Happy life I guess. It didn't look like we had a lot of stuff when I started but it will surprise you when you get into it. we have our lives in order at 62 and 38 yrs of un needed crap gone. First time I have complete a New Years resolution. Oh and got my taxes done yesterday for this year. And a filing system in place for 2017.

Good Luck people and again sorry for going on and on. I can retire next year very happy. !!!!!

Oh Sorry on a side note, sitting eating breakfast, hubbie says think we should move to a smaller place. I said next year when we retire. Moving will be a cinch.