A more specific question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not a good idea at all from a safety aspect but there are people who have defeated the lock on the self clean cycle so they can get the high temp and place into after preheat and retrieve there pizza before it turns to ash. :ermm:

Some pizza's cooked at high temps are very desirable and I would like my oven to go above 500 degrees at times. Pizza time is one of them. :chef:

But that's something The Cooker Man could look into. ;)

A safe for home use high temp oven.
I'm sure insulation and more insulation would be required to meet .gov regulations.
No bells and whistles needed. Just a simple oven to reach higher temps that won't burn the house down. :rolleyes:

Self-cleaning kind of scares me, given even how hot the top of the oven gets. I would think very carefully before disabling any safety features.

Want a high temperature oven, get some bricks and build a temporary wood fire oven, done that.

My pizza seems to get by with a stone, generally preheat it hot, and then back the oven down to 350 or so. crisps the crust from radiant heat and leaves my toppings to cook nicely.

TBS

Not sure how that would work, since every oven I've seen with that feature locks the door when it's on the clean setting.

I do not do this or recommend anyone doing this but the safety lock can be defeated and there are people who do. :(

That's why I suggested to The Cooker Man to develop a safe home oven that goes to higher temps then is now available with a price point folks can afford as there does seem to be a market for it. ;)

Who knows? Perhaps if he does it might save a few people from themselves. :rolleyes:

I do not do this or recommend anyone doing this but the safety lock can be defeated and there are people who do. :(

That's why I suggested to The Cooker Man to develop a safe home oven that goes to higher temps then is now available with a price point folks can afford as there does seem to be a market for it. ;)

Who knows? Perhaps if he does it might save a few people from themselves. :rolleyes:

And incinerated pizza.

Hmm, Pizza hasn't been on my diet for some time now but I remember cooking them on a stone at 425f with great results however my oven will go up to 550f. Granted, my stove is only 2 yrs old so maybe older ones don't go that high.

Some pizza shops cook delicious pizza at around 800ºF-900ºF. However, that's not the only temperature that produces great pizza. I, for one, don't care for charred dough on my pizza.

Back
Top Bottom