Am I the only person in the world who does NOT have a microwave?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

do you have a microwave?

• i dont have a microwave

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • i have a microwave but i never use it

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • yes i have a microwave and i use it all the time

Votes: 31 59.6%

• Total voters
My mom discovered that if she put a 2-crust fruit pie in the microwave oven for awhile, and then put it in the regular oven (not sure of times), the filling did not run over.

:) Barbara

No microwave due to limited counter space.

For the home cook, microwave ovens seem to be used primarily for reheating and defrostring.

I've worked at a number of places that had an employee kitchen equipped with a microwave. I brought in home-cooked meals and used the microwave to reheat. It was great!

Many commercial frozen (and quite good tasting) meals can be purchased at a supermarket. Because the microwave is safe (eg - it turns off automatically) these meals are great for kids or the elderly, because the cooking is self-limiting.

My Mom, who suffered from dementia in her last years (and therefore could not be trusted to use the stove) was able to learn how to use a microwave. She could "cook" nutrious meals in her home; this enabled her to stay in her home and provide meals for herself. The safety factor of the microwave for anyone who cannot be trusted to use a stove should not be underestimted.

I use mine to reheat and defrost foods. Love the micro pop corn too. I don't care for cooking with it tho. food taste better cooked the old fashion way.

Back
Top Bottom