Anyone use an Italian Herb Mincer??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbarainnc

Senior Cook
I know I can use a Chefs knife, but from what I can tell by the picture, it has a place to put the herbs and a handle to turn to mince the herbs. Anyone have one like this?? Thanks for your help!!

:) I have the one you are talking about and all it does is make a mush.I have another one that four or five sharp wheels that you roll over the herbs and it works pretty good I also have a mezzaluna and think thats the best one.

I'd like to have a mezzaluna...they look cool.
But my baby cuisinart works really well for herbs...a couple of pulses does the job.

Have had one for the past 5 years-found it in a box of kitchen stuff left when my stepdad passed away- and only today found out what it was. So glad I kept it! I ran out to my herb garden and picked a bunch of oregano. I took the leaves off the stems. It worked wonderfully. The result was nice evenly minced pieces. I can't wait to try the others. I suspect it won't work too well on larger leaf herbs like basil, but should work great on the more "woody" ones. I also didn't overload the cup. By now I'm sure you tried it and hope you were successful. But if not, give it a try.

I am not a professional chef, but a friend who is taught me how to use a real 2-blade mincer and definitely recommend the traditional mincer. Okay, expensive but excellent quality. One huge advantage is that you can choose how fine you want to mince.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom