Baking stone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't contacted Oneida because it says you must have proof of purchase to take advantage of the 10 yr warranty.
Can they legally insist on this if the product is faulty?

In the UK, consumer law states that the seller is responsible for replacement of a faulty item or reimbursement of the cost of it (the customer's choice, not the sellers) and the onus is on the seller to prove that the item wasn't bought from him. rather than on the buyer to prove he did buy it from the seller. Consequently no proof of purchase is strictly necessary because the seller's rules can't over-rule the buyer's legal rights. An eminently sensible arrangement

It might be worth "bearding the seller in his den" and taking the stone back. A bit of polite insistence and refusal to go away often works. (Particularly if the shop is very busy at the time ;))

Can they legally insist on this if the product is faulty?

In the UK, consumer law states that the seller is responsible for replacement of a faulty item or reimbursement of the cost of it (the customer's choice, not the sellers) and the onus is on the seller to prove that the item wasn't bought from him. rather than on the buyer to prove he did buy it from the seller. Consequently no proof of purchase is strictly necessary because the seller's rules can't over-rule the buyer's legal rights. An eminently sensible arrangement

It might be worth "bearding the seller in his den" and taking the stone back. A bit of polite insistence and refusal to go away often works. (Particularly if the shop is very busy at the time ;))

This thread is a year and a half old and was dredged up by a newbie. I'm sure skittle has a new one by now ;)

You think the pizzas in the ads are ugly? I've seen some scary burnt pizzas on various forums that are supposedly the most wondermous things ever.

*NOT a fan of the burnt bread movement in "artisan" breads and pizza, LOL!

I have an Old Stone Oven stone, 14x16, 1/2 inch thick. It is 4-going-on-5 years old. Nary a crack. I leave it on the bottom rack 24/7. I have 2 quibbles with it: it is just a little too small, and it is not really as thick as I would like. I would prefer a 3/4" thick stone, but they cost a lot more. But honestly it has worked very well even so.

Back
Top Bottom