Best non-stick skillet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Most of the time you can just rinse it or use a small bit of dish soap. But the Diamond's Plus is very easy to clean.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use either Falk copper (for one more week as kitchen goes on Monday) or Tefal stainless steel. Not sure if models are the same in US as Europe but the Tefal Titanium Pro range lasts wel,l is truly non-stick - you do not need oil for most cooking - and can go in the oven up to 180 Celsius. When browning and putting in oven I use the Falk so lack of high heat for teh non-stick is no issue.

My non-stick pans are induction ready but I will be changing from my beloved Falk pans over the next few weeks. Almost decided on Demeyere but still considering a few others.

Badgerh said:
My non-stick pans are induction ready but I will be changing from my beloved Falk pans over the next few weeks. Almost decided on Demeyere but still considering a few others.

Please post which ones you decide on!

I use hard anodized non stick--love them! and stainless steel--Both Cuisinart brand. Swear by them and woudnt use anything else (except All Clad)
I have several pieces of cast iron too which I love love love. Cooks great.
However, as I get older they are getting a bit heavy for me.
I had an old old cast iron -well seasoned-from my grandma. Loved it but it broke in half. :(
I do like the CI skillets but they have to be very well seasoned...those "preseasoned" ones are just junk if you ask me. They are nowhere near the preseasoning you really need.
If you find some at a thrift store or somewhere, you can have someone sandblast them for you to get them in shape if they look really gross. They sometimes rust and such from sitting w/o being used for a long time.
Nothing like a very well seasoned years old cast iron skillet or roaster.

I really like my stainless steel too and have no problems with it sticking.

Last edited:
...those "preseasoned" ones are just junk if you ask me. They are nowhere near the preseasoning you really need...

I disagree. The pre-seasoned CI you buy isn't the end product. It just gives you a running start by doing the same thing you would have to do for initial seasoning.

I have two CI skillets that I bought pre-seasoned. I started cooking on them right away and every time I use them, the seasoning is enhanced.

If you have the rare luck to find a decades old CI skillet that's been well cared for, that's great. A new pre-seasoned skillet doesn't compare to one that's been seasoned since your grandmother was a bride. But they will get there over time.

Certainly not junk.

well my thought is they are useless. Just MY thought. I have had a few and tossed them. I do agree it gives you a running start but I would not ever waste another dime on one. Maybe I just dont have the patience to wait oh-so-long- for it to get to where I want it to be. Also every one I had, had a "nubby" surface which I hated and it was hard to clean. I have never seen a preseasoned one with smooth surface.

I have also tried enamel coated cast iron and they arent too bad. Certainly not like a good old fashioned well used skillet but decent. My son confiscated it when he moved out and I have yet to get another one. LOL

well my thought is they are useless. Just MY thought. I have had a few and tossed them. I do agree it gives you a running start but I would not ever waste another dime on one. Maybe I just dont have the patience to wait oh-so-long- for it to get to where I want it to be. Also every one I had, had a "nubby" surface which I hated and it was hard to clean. I have never seen a preseasoned one with smooth surface.

I have also tried enamel coated cast iron and they arent too bad. Certainly not like a good old fashioned well used skillet but decent. My son confiscated it when he moved out and I have yet to get another one. LOL
I'd have to agree with you on new CI. It will never match the quality of the old stuff, and the preseason leaves a lot to be desired. The nubby surface is nothing more than an incomplete manufacturing process. I've got a couple of newer ones, but they have been finished with a sander. However, I would disagree that sandblasting is the best way to clean older cookware. A simple lye tank, which is a 5 gallon bucket filled with lye, otherwise known as drain cleaner, will do the job without damaging the skillet. I have also burnt off the crud, but there is always the risk of cracking the cookware.

However, I would disagree that sandblasting is the best way to clean older cookware.>>

I probably used the wrong word here. Sanding it? I guess that is different from sandblasting. I just know that the older rusty stuff can be rejuvenated to tip top shape.

... Non stick pans were designed for amateurs. ...
I'm reminded of watching the owner-chef of a small restaurant trying to make crepes on a non-stick pan. It was pretty funny, 'cause the crepes wouldn't stick and the batter just kept sliding around in a big lump. I admit, after a few weeks of trying, he got the technique down, but that first time was hilarious.

Update: I just bought a Tramontina nonstick skillet and pan fried a piece of cod. So far I'm liking the performance of this pan.

Back
Top Bottom