BEST oil mister? prepara vs. misto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

machinus

Assistant Cook
I have been shopping for an oil mister (for olive oil) and the reviews and comments don't really indicate a leading product...there are a lot of complaints about clogging. Does any mister solve this problem or are they all like that?

I bought a cheapo at Wal-Mart about 6-7 years ago. It's the type you fill, then pump to pressurize, then spray. It has NEVER clogged or had any other problems. It's probably long gone but the point is Wal-Mart might be worth a try.

I had a Mr. Misto and found the solution to clogging. Before you refill it with more oil, fill it with hot soapy water. Pump it up and spray a couple times, then rinse and refill with with plain hot water. Spray again, to get all the soap out of the mechanism.

Refill, pump it up and spray for a few seconds into the sink to clear the water out.

Mine is called Quick Mist from Williams Sonoma. I have had it for many years and it has never clogged, not even once.

I have 2 Mistos. One works well, one sends a stream, no matter what I try.
Saw the Quick Mist in Sonoma, like the look of those.

Everytime I see this thread I read "Mister Oil," you know, Olive and Castor's dad...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom