Broken baking stone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sapphead

Assistant Cook
I just got a new baking stone for christmas &
my roommate dropped it and broke it in 2 pieces.
Can I just glue it back together? Is there a special
glue I should use?

I really don't think you can glue it back together, IMO. Is either piece big enough to use? Or can you use both pieces? I know that's not the solution you're looking for - also, if you are cooking something like a pizza you could just put the two pieces in the oven and connect like they were then slide dough onto it. But you couldn't really cook anything that oozes anything. You could still make cookies and such on it.

Sorry I don't have another solution :(

If there is a glue I sure don't know about it.:confused:

There are glues available but they are not FDA Approved. There could be some leaching while cooking/baking. Epoxy woks great but again it is not FDA approved.

I guess I should have said yes, there are ways to glue it LOL - like glenm says, but baking with it is another issue! I can't imagine tasting a nice flakey croissant then that big "bang" taste of epoxy glue! :D

Look at the positive - you now have 2 stones! :rolleyes:

glennm - too bad royal icing won't hold up in the oven - that would surely keep it together if it did! LOL

i'm with everyone else- I wouldn't "go there" if I were you. I like the idea of just figuring you now have two, though! :) Always a positive side! Lol...or ask your room mate to get you another one.

Hi Lou,

Welcome to Discuss Cooking - Your input is very much appreciated - thank you and hope to see you often.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom