Burger Press?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nat2007

Cook
yes, I like to make my own burgers...and I make them BIG....Do you know of any burger press that can make nice, big burgers???. Would you remember the brand?.

Thanks!

Use a flan or baking ring.

371201.jpg

My press only does small burgers - I like Jeekinz's idea. A wax disc on top and push down with a sauce or glass to compact the burger and bring it together.

I have only seen presses in one size. I use my hands though. The presses compress the meat too much. I can do a much better job and get a better burger using my hands.

I have only seen presses in one size. I use my hands though. The presses compress the meat too much. I can do a much better job and get a better burger using my hands.

Definitely hands are better.
I wish my butcher would find a way to make a bigger, looser hamburg. It's so handy to have him make them and freeze them in packages, but they aren't near as good as thawing a pound of burger from the same cow and making them yourself. Just pressed enough to hold together.

I've worked in one place where ALL the burgers, 4 oz, 8 oz, 12 oz, and 16 oz were pressed by hand. I currently work in a place where we have a press, and use it frequently as we only buy pre-formed patties for large functions. I've also use two metal pie plates with patty paper on the metal to keep them from sticking.

Personally, I like the hand-formed better.

I like the baking ring...was looking more for a tool like the one Jabbur showed, but it is something I want to see first...and I live in a small town...no fancy gadgets around so I have to buy over the net...Anyway, with the ring, all the burgers should have the same shape...not like now....they taste well but they are ugly.

Just something else to wash and not enough benefit in my opinion...On the other hand if it was more automatic where you drop in meat, press in button and it formed patties any size you set it to, then I'd be interested...

Back
Top Bottom